Blinds and times

W

Wickson7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there would love some advice as online poker is banned in Australia where I live...

Firstly, is it correct to say in Online sit n gos, typically a hand needs to be completed before the next blind period starts? I guess I'm wondering if the blind times are eg 5 mins, there's 6 players and everyone takes 1 min on their hand, does the hand essentially play out and maybe takes eg 7 mins, at which point blind round 2 starts / the next 5 mins period begins?

Sexondly, would you advise this for a home game to stop arguments eg with amateur shufflers and general chit chat, with eg 10 min blinds not many hands get played? Would you recommend the last hand in that period should be at least played out, and then the next blind period starts?

Many thanks

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to read any poker book/guide for beginners

Q

qxcydx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
of course the hand needs to finish before the blinds go up, because you cant splash the pot posting blinds in the middle of a hand.

read it a few times but still didnt understand the second question but 10min blind levels is good. advice i could give is shorter blind levels should mean cheaper re-buys

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can still play online poker in Australia.

Sorry I can't be of any help with your queries.

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve hosted a lot of poker tournaments at home and 20min blinds seem to be best. If you want the tournament end sooner than the 20 min blinds allow, skip some of the early levels. 20 minutes gets you through a few hands even w table banter. You want your guests to have a good time.

I used to frequent a website that broke down how to schedule your blinds and what time your tournament would end based on that. I’ll try to find it for you.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Less time the blinds, more hands you need to play, basically saying.
Play first with fake money, get experience than you deposit and start playing with real money. Also you can find a lot of material to learn poker online.
Nothing comes easy only if you wins the lottery !