Chips
What should be the minimum blind time to play a tournament with quality

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Standard 10-12 minutes. 5 minutes and less is very dispersion turbine tournaments.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer 5 minutes

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually a quality tournament will give you ten to fifteen minutes. My preference, however, is for something faster.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep stacks with 12 minites make for long tournaments unless they have small feilds. Ten minutes is a good structure for me.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to about 7-8 minutes but 10minutes ok too.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the time format between changing the size of the blinds - 10 minutes. In general, the optimal time is 20 minutes - in this case, the tournament will not be too long, and not too short.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When the blinds are slower, I think that from 10 minutes, you would have more opportunity to have a good game and quality, if the blinds are faster there is more instability in the games, of course there are people who can control more their plays in that type blind, but if you want a little more comfort and not feel the pressure of the blinds a slow tournament is your best option

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the buy in, guaranteed prize pool, and time of day

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we talk about online tournaments i believe 8-10 is just fine.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think blinds should be 10 mins it allows a more skilled game, rather than shorter timeframe that forces players to make more unconventional decisions.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the 10 minute blinds. Sometimes I play the hyper turbos if I'm short on time and am in the gambling mood.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe a lot of it has to do with the personality of the player on how quick the blinds go up. For me it's all about putting myself in the correct mindset for each style of tournament as far as how fast the blinds move up. A great example of that would be playing the venom tournaments on ACR. Originally they had 10 minute blinds than they changed the style to 2 minute blinds. I had a small learning curve from each style but when it really gets down to it. It's all the same.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well...
The truth is there is an art to even the fastest Turbo Tournaments, so quality is shakey word. If you are looking for more chances to read your opponent, and play more hands the longer better obviously. With that said, a 3000 starting chip MTT with 10 minute blinds would be bottom of the barrel for a chance to really make everyone their cards and not bingo. I prefer 5000 chip start and 12-15 min blinds, now all the fish have no where to hide. If you are looking for longer MTTs, ACR and ignition are the best places. Carbon aka Black Chip have really nice Sunday MTTs with low buy ins and high prizes and long blinds.

hope that helps.

FYI live MTTs minimum is 30-45 generally speaking. (my take on it)

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make everyone play their cards* (sorry)

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of tournaments now have turbo structure with 4 or less BB. You have to learn how to play in deep structure with 70+BB stacks to play start of tournament good.
If you are not sure in your game with huge stack - try to start a bit later

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
more than 10 minutes each blind, it's a good time to make a good game, you would not have so much pressure because the blinds go up quickly, the downside is how long that tournament gets to be, but personally I prefer the slow games, of the game time I can stand it lol

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think 10 minutes is the most normal time for blinds. This time is enough to think before you make a decision and to completely control your game. 5 minutes is too little for blinds, in such tournaments a person starts fussing and makes non-right decisions. I love tournaments in which blinds grow slowly, and I really don't like tournaments with fast-growing blinds.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Longer blinds better blinds. You have more time to wait good hands and play with them. If level of blinds too fast your play fast coming push or fold. Your deep run depends on luck.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a quality tournament 10 minutes minimum, less than that is a turbo tournament and it just is not the same