Blind vs blind

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30 players left in the tournament.
We are 70bb deep,I limp 3 bet AJoff from the SB vs a good reg.
He shoves for 70bb what's your calling range here? AQss + and 10s+?

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are so deep. I am just folding with your hand. Probably AK, QQ, KK, AA. I don't think I'm calling with JJ. QQ is even questionable being as deep as you are. I'm no expert, just given that you are so deep stacked and only 30 left in tourney, I think you can find a better spot, instead of risking your tournament life.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Against a good REG for 70BB and we limped 3bet and he shoved......................... Our range looks super strong here. Depending on what he thinks of us is the one thing I would ask myself. If he thinks were way to loose and wide. tens + and AK would be what I may play for. If he thinks we are reasonable, Queens+ and maybe AK would be the only hands I would call. For 70BB I may even call a bit tighter that this. Again it would depend on the range I put the REG on and what he thinks I made this play with. 70BB deep leaves us a lot of room to play this late and I would want to be really sure about it before I put that many chips in.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The calling depends on the BB, if you do not have a read on the person then fold. If you know he is loose with a large range call. If this person is a tight player, fold.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, you are deep and i wouldnt call here. For sure blind battles get often silly but do you wanna get into a coinflip here, wich will be super close. Often you will be behind, if you have no good read on him.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Range and stack, as it is interconnected, there is something to think about. Having good cards like AQ is not a reason to part with a deep stack, these cards are good but not strong enough, then you need to play starting with AK, AA, QC, maybe QQ. This is when you have a small short stack there is no choice, you need to play with the cards that are dealt, because the blinds very quickly eat short stacks, and when a large stack has something to think about, do not rush, players with large stacks often lose because of the rush.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You understand that there is an easy pass. Watch this player closely next time.Maybe the opponent sitting for hours and pushing hands.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
read on big blind

unless you got a read on BB being so deep stacked i would fold and sit it out. depending on tournament payout structure but more likely it really pays off to get to the final table! why risk it on a coin flip?

even him having 72off will not give you a lot more more than a coin flip. and most likely he actually got you beat. better to let the other players fight it out and go for better opportunities (including risk less of your stack).

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being that deep, my calling range becomes extremely tight. Basically only calling AA and KK queens maybe depending on the player shoving. I would fold AQ and worse aces, 1010 is a fold, your basically just gambling to much with hands like this. Sometimes you are completely crushed and other times you are a favorite but not that big of one and could easily be drawn out on. Your too deep in that spot to be risking all your chips preflop.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Given the fact that you have a deep stack, I think the most profitable call is only with QQ-AA. Since if it is a good reg, its range is about 4 percent, and AQs-AKs can easily lose.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
30 players left in the tournament.
We are 70bb deep,I limp 3 bet AJoff from the SB vs a good reg.
He shoves for 70bb what's your calling range here? AQss + and 10s+?
buy in? total entries? itm?

but with only 30 Players left you should be in the top 10 of the Tournament and risking it here with AJo is not worth it.
unless you have a read that he is a LAG Gambler, I would fold.

without a further read, the calling range should be really tight because your check raise should be a sign for a strong range, so he won't 4bet shove 70bb with KQ, AJ, 66.
I might fold AQs and call with AKs.
I also call with AA-QQ, not sure About JJ-TT though….
definitly fold 99 and weaker

I posted it in the https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tou...ut-tournaments-353915/index9.html#post5335223 thread because I'm not sure About how to Play this Right either.