Which blind structure do you prefer? Deep/turbo , normal/slow?

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering which blind structure do my fellow CC members usually prefer, and why?

i see this two structures very common on ACR.

1 - 25,000 starting stack, 5 min levels

2 - 2,500 starting stack, 12 min levels

Lately I've been playing Venom satellites. They offer these 2 types of tourney in which top few finishers get seats to the next steps

I personally live the deep stack, fast blinds, allows for more skill imo

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, i prefer hyper-turbo. I'm playing spin and go. It's diffucult for me bad beat after 5 hours play.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer deep/turbo over normal/slow. Its because faster blinds make for a faster pace game and could get rid of the people who are slowly playing in the game or mass sitout online from taking up so much time from game play time.

Also its faster so it may take less time I think to make it to the money (if you could make it there)

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Hello, I think that like most players, I prefer the game to be relatively fast although tournaments with more can last for many hours. the more chips at the beginning I think tournaments last longer.:D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The important is not the starting stack in chips but in big blinds. A fast tournament structure gives less time to outplay your opponents, and it also tend to make the average stack short. This is because, when players get less chances to get involved, before blinds go up, they are less likely to bust or increase their stack. Short stacks take some of the skill out of the game, so generally I prefer a not to fast structure, but I will play turbos, if nothing else is running, or if I dont have time for normal tournaments. In the latter case it will typically be a turbo SnG, since a large turbo tournament still takes 2-3 hours or more to complete.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like deep stack turbo. You're given enough ammo (chips) to do some damage if you're willing to play TAG poker in the initial levels.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like turbo because people cant without to long. I usually play normal if I'm playing a tournament and sit n gos. More chips the more better.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer taking my time to play and waiting for good hole cards in position. For this reason, I like deep stacked tournaments. They do take time but I prefer not to play under pressure from the blinds.

That being said, if I do not have much time, a turbo game is fine with me. I usually play freerolls and .10 cent tourneys. When I feel like getting frisky, I go to the cash games and tend to blow my bankroll.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know one thing. I like freezeouts over rebuys and addons and reentries any day. Nice job in that tourney. I know it's not the finish you wanted. Saw the last hand. Pretty ugly after the flop. That sucked but you played well.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing turbo bounty tournaments the most to be honest. But I have a higher ROI in slower structured games even though I don’t enjoy them as much.

A

Amdho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play normal tourament. Freeroll is nice too.

C

CaioCesarGoes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like tournaments with normal and turbo blinds , they're more confortable tournaments play...
Especificly in my ocasione!

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often play hyper / turbo ... a little luck in the first hands and usually finish the tournament in paid places

T

Teddy3027

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TURBO, you get to bigger stacks quicker. Better for good players

I

Ihab El Mlafi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
more chips = more ammo in the clip
although hyper tourneys with fast levels and early Antes seem to weed out the weak early on they are great to get your poker fix during lunch time

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo and normal is nice, hyper is an awful speed

W

weerabmc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be normal or Turbo for me at SNG. But also love playing Deep Stack MTTs when I have time. Was in one last night 480 players. Was 4hours playing. Good test of patience.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Prefer deeps stack slow games really but they do take a long time.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer slow pace. Less luck involved in my opinion.

A

AndyGundy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ich bin auch ein Freund von langsam steigenden Blinds, lieber weniger Chips am Anfang, weniger aber die Zeit sich ein Haufen Hände anzuschauen und eventuell auch wurde gut bekommen.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In the options suggested I would opt to choose option 2 - 2,500 starting stack, 12 min levels.

If you Multi table deep stacks and slow blinds are just fine.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always play slow and deep stack .i am very cool in playing