Big Early Stack And Then Lose

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you doing when you make huge early game stack and then lose big?
Like me today i was call big raise prefloop with T/T and 4 other people do same.
floop i hit 10 and one guy raise all in and all four call it. i end up with 15k stack but after few rounds i change table and lose huge with AJ agains AK get mad and lose that tournament but calm myself down very fast after lost :D How to fight agains those feelings, it realy frustating i know i should play the AJ very aggresive but he keeps betting and i call call call i lost about 8k and i get mad and did lost fast end up putting all in with T/T and lost agains J/J :D other days i fail and get mad and then i do to mutch tournaments with anger and lose them fast. but today i manage to calm myself becouse i was aware of what going to happen if i play angry :D

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So you became the big stack by actually making a hand on the flop, and you lost your stack by overplaying your cards when you didn't really have a made hand. There's your answer. Just because you set-mined a bunch of people once, doesn't mean that your luck is going to hold. Play consistently and you will get better results.

bakreni

bakreni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should not play aj agresive..end in utg1 end 2 is many time even fold

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prefer to be calm after get big early stack. It's bigger chance to get loose and easier way to get some risk to play. Another way is limping or just bluffing with high stake and much more diffrent strategies.