• Thread starter This Fish Chums
  • Start date
This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a knock-out tournament, making a simple mistake that causes you to have a smaller stack than the other players at your table is a massive mistake because now you can’t take anyone out of the tournament. You can’t win bounties until you catch back up. So you need to be much more cautious when you play the hands in the middle of your normal range.
That being said, you should also identify other people playing much more conservatively than you would expect them to play and take advantage of them. Beware of traps, but people who are folding a lot to keep their stack up can be pushed out of hands more easily than normal.
Like most aspects of poker it becomes a balancing act. There is a fine line between being able to bully someone and making a normally minor mistake that puts you in a position where you can no longer collect bounties.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah. Knockout / Bounty tournaments have a very different dynamic to them! There's a lot for gambling for bounties, but having a bigger stack is also very valuable.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like knock-out tournaments for that extra zing of excitement, but I've found that (for myself) I have to play as if it's a regular tournament otherwise my play is too erratic & I get knocked out myself early.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the circumstances. You want to take a few chances to knock players out. The bounties are half the money and you'll want to get your hands on them to increase your overall profit. It's not a simple task of getting ITM. Of course if you get enough bounties, the game becomes a free roll. My biggest problem is crippling a player and then some other yahoo knocks them out. I hate that