Betting: Since when did the norm become not the norm?

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So since coming back after couple years of being gone ive noticed the norm of betting is no longer the norm. It used to be 3 or 4xbb
You now see for example in a tourney blinds are 100 200 guys leading out with some very odd bets like 533 673 etc.. just odd numbers instead of just clicking slider couple times to make it 3,4 or even 5 times bb
It doesnt set me off but i hate it, if i have a hand worthy of it ill reraise and set it to a even number LOL

I see it in the CCgames and every game i play so ive thought about it for a long time now and just wondering why do some do this? Do they do it to look more random or odd?

So give this old timer old school guy some input of why this is the norm now please!!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I obviously dont know, what other people are doing, but I personally use bet slicer buttons a lot. And postflop that will lead to some odd amount of chips, if I bet for instance 60% of the pot. Preflop small open sizes have become very common in tournaments, and its basically to not lose to much, when you fold to a 3-bet and especially a 3-bet jam.

I personally think, people are taking it to far. You see mini-raises even, when stacks are still deep, which to me makes no sense at all. But of course people can play, like they want, and then its just up to us to adjust by for instance defending our big blind a lot more, when people give us such amazing odds.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three reasons one is some people have the math and it bundles things up in your head. Seems petty but if your just a math guy it matters.

second is some sites shuffle are based off movement. More movement theory.

Third Bots are programmed to exact amounts ranges. . Most people just hit quarter , half, pot, all in. So they are programmed around those ranges. Ever suspect someone try these types of betting. I have a friend who claims to have a new program that's a game changer. Next time I'm in Florida i plan to swing by. Remember in one of my threads the guy that plays on one account deposits on another and p2p transfer back. He runs a few bots. But he tells me you don't make as much off bots as your think. But lots of site benefits. .I would email him but hes a real tin foil hat ind of guy. :driver:

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The majority of time in MTTs you play in stacks 20-40BBs, will you be opening 5x there? Or what exact hands you will be opening 4BB with 30BB stacks (only value??)

People open-raise - fold even with 17BBs these days, so open raises of 2-2.5BB is the most common thing ever and you probably should implement these sizings in your game too.

But I agree, when we're deep these min-raises (2BB) or 2.2-2.5 are ridiculous imo, but whatever I treat them as limps, if someone wants to play OOP vs wide ranges and opens this small in deep stack (so asking to get stacked with their premiums vs trash hands made nuts), then let them.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im guilty of the min raise no matter how many chips i got. I usually do it with pkt pairs either min raise or limp to set mine. but with bigger hands like AJ thru AK ill 3 or 4xbb

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would assume it's mostly people hitting the 1/2 and 3/4 pot buttons.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars