Best way to learn to beat micro mtt's?

D

dirtyafro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi i am planning on playing a lot of micro small field mtt's ranging from 180 mans to around 1000 people tournaments. What is the best way to study to beat these games? are there any good books or sites that are the best for learning to crush these games?:)

N

nykaktak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good books very much, the book Harington Dan is very educational,it is possible to find articles about everything,well, watch the video.training to enter online poker and everything will be fine))

B

baxre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are beginner in poker ? If you are, you should start play SNG low stakes. To start playing MTT you need about 500-1000 bi...

suvorov17

suvorov17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're just starting to play poker play more freerolls. This will help you understand the tournament strategy at different stages of the game and develop discipline:)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old books is not are relevant now for online poker ( good books cost money ) , Try search a video or VODs poker... It will be much more helpful and quick to be to master the game, and quickly become a to beat the micros.. Also articles will help you, is full them at each site.

Freerolls do not need play, only a waste of time, there is nothing you will learn .. Since the micro limits and freerolls, are two different things, if you have money is better to start with the micro limits

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't think I agree that freerolls are a waste of time. I do agree they are not taken seriously by a lot of players in the first hour or two. After this they develop more into a normal MTT. Similar to MTT, blind steals, controlling pot action, protecting your blinds, and changing gears as the tournament progresses are all things that can be learned. Even in a normal tournament, these strategies are more important after the first couple of hours. Close to the bubble, people play MORE strategically in Freerolls (IMHO), as they've slogged it out to make it this far, and want something to show for all the work they've put in.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing to do is to play many many hands on micro mtt.

Experience will teach you to feel the game and eventually be successful on it.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Play tag poker in starting n lag in the end.. n ya dont bluff much in micros , doesnt work .. my 2cents

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing to do is to play many many hands on micro mtt.

Experience will teach you to feel the game and eventually be successful on it.

For micro-limits is bad advice, you're just going to repeating one and same mistakes, without the analysis and understanding of the game ..

Need more will learn and play less ...

P

pokernut92poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit n Go's are probably where you should start and then move into tourneys as your BR grows!!( just my opinion )good luck on the tables

E

erlanditas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch poker players youtube channels, most of them comment how to play hands.

C

Caissa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checked out the mtt strategy videos at gripsed.com

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I need to visit the gripsed videos more often(I learn something just about every time I revisit)...gentle reminders on playing those micro mtt's.

M

mrmochapb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
start off playing sit n gos and after you play a substantial amunt of hands you will understand how to count ur big blinds and when to bet semi bluff and fold

G

gipetto541

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight early

play tight in the early rounds and conserve your chips. When the blinds go up or the bubble nears, open your range up and play very loose and aggressive. This strategy will be highly successful at the micro mTTS

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch tons of SnG videos. Do nothing but play SnG's. You should cash in most of your SnG's to do well most of the time in MTT's. Go on youtube and watch PokerStarsOnline School videos. Some good stuff there

B

boatbuilderm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OKay, well I only play micro's on Carbon only but my best advice is do not bluff because most of these players do not realize the value of making a bet over calling a bet. You will get called down with some stuff that amazes you and therefore it will be hard at first to know when you are beat or not. Also do not be afraid to call large bets, especially if you have noticed a player frequently trying to steal the chips after the flop. Get a HUD if your site will let you use one, it is useful even in the micros. Also learn a lot about the importance of stealing chips, especially from a good position with cards that if get called are likely to be just as good as the villains calling cards. I recommend the 'Harrington on Hold'em for NL tournaments' as this book is directly related to what you want to play and gives you many sample hands.