Best Tactic to take a Prize in a Tournament?

Mister Isaev

Mister Isaev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i Play only one kind of Tournament always, i have more chances to win. What about you?

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting question
I also would like to know how others play

Mister Isaev

Mister Isaev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any risk you can not win, but if you Play almoust the same game, you better know then structure.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always look at the prize structure payouts. Most tournaments are going to pay anywhere from 10%-20% the bigger the percentage the better. Sit and gos pay out 30% and I personally like these although you can't wait around for a hand. There will be more coin flips.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i Play only one kind of Tournament always, i have more chances to win. What about you?

My pick for tournaments are usually multi tables ones because I like the payouts and I like the grind of going through a tournament hoping for a big pay day.

L

lexi7503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i also only play one kind of tourney

Aalexandar

Aalexandar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually try to avoid tournaments with extra long late reg and R&A times. I just don't like them, and historically I've noticed I lose more on those than I win so I just kind of stopped trying. Usually in those tournaments your bankroll can suffer greatly.

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer is depending on the goal. If you want to be in prizes -- tight and slow tactic will be enough but if you need mostly high place you need to grow your stack, so be more risky in some situations, it may cause to loose in particular tourney, but in line you will take higher places.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay calm,be patient and never go all in pre-flop.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually try with the same torunament in many consecutives days and like other people said I don´t play MTT with ADD ONS and RENETRYS. Maybe the best srategy is be patient for me and when I have a good hand play it strong enought until I reach the bubble.