Best strategy and at what points

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So entering a tournament I would start really really tight, looking to get stacks in with the premiums. At the bubble I would be loose and attack the psychological aspect of people wanting to cash, final table I would find a happy medium.

Now what I want to really know is in between these points how is it best usually to play?
I understand table dynamics play a big factor and of course stack sizes.

So let’s say this question is asked as if I were average stack size or maybe just a little over?

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you've described are somewhat simplistic strategies that would be fairly easy to read and adjust to. You said early on you play tight but look to get stacks in with premiums. What does that really mean? Are you folding everything till a premium comes along? What about the 'good' hands that aren't quite premium? Are limping in to be as tight as you can?

Basically any strategy you plan on employing can become somewhat complex as the game progresses. Players adjust to your tight - get in the stacks method by folding to your big bets. You profit little from the play and are stuck waiting for another premium. You soon won't be happy with that situation and your strategy will change. In essence between the beginning stage and the bubble you and the other players will be adjusting and readjusting, almost constantly, as you all react to each others play, and, as the blinds grow and the stack sizes change. Just do what you are already doing but notice how you are playing in the middle stage. If you aren't adjusting you are losing.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you've described are somewhat simplistic strategies that would be fairly easy to read and adjust to. You said early on you play tight but look to get stacks in with premiums. What does that really mean? Are you folding everything till a premium comes along? What about the 'good' hands that aren't quite premium? Are limping in to be as tight as you can?

Basically any strategy you plan on employing can become somewhat complex as the game progresses. Players adjust to your tight - get in the stacks method by folding to your big bets. You profit little from the play and are stuck waiting for another premium. You soon won't be happy with that situation and your strategy will change. In essence between the beginning stage and the bubble you and the other players will be adjusting and readjusting, almost constantly, as you all react to each others play, and, as the blinds grow and the stack sizes change. Just do what you are already doing but notice how you are playing in the middle stage. If you aren't adjusting you are losing.

How I mean this is not just playing premiums, I mean the premiums of course is where I’m trying to rip it in. I of course try to get reasonable pots with let’s than premium hands but don’t try to grow them too big. I just think because of the longevity and a specially in the micros you come across so many fish that you can afford the adopted strategy. What would you recommend about changes to this?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Loosen up, bigger range..

If you are tight early, that's a good strategy if you want to survive. to go up the ladder, you want to change, earlier than you currently do. Don't just wait for pairs, etc, the pressure, trap others.
Even early, play more, open your range, those connectors work, the junk Ace can win, just by pairing. When you start playing looser, you will find out when to throttle up and down, pressure others, bet sizing, etcd

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are tight early, that's a good strategy if you want to survive. to go up the ladder, you want to change, earlier than you currently do. Don't just wait for pairs, etc, the pressure, trap others.
Even early, play more, open your range, those connectors work, the junk Ace can win, just by pairing. When you start playing looser, you will find out when to throttle up and down, pressure others, bet sizing, etcd

I suppose it is down to table dynamics isn’t it. A lot of the time for me, starting stacks is a big deal for how I play as it should be and the MTT format. Turbos I tend to play a fair bit looser as than regular I will play them fairly tight. I do believe I am overly aggressive, what would you say on towards aggression? Is it better to cool it a little bit at the start of the tourney?