Best options for limited time

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, I love to play online, but I rarely have the time to sit and go deep in a freeroll or a MTT.

I've also been out of the loop for some time, been playing since '06 but haven't played with any regularity since 2015 or so so I don't know what's good.

I'd love to hear suggestions on what I should play for micro stakes NL holdem for someone with really limited time to play? I play at 888 and PS

Thanks!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely try single table Sit n Go's. This is a great way to get a feel for a tournament with a lot less variance, time, and still has the structure. They have many different buy-ins for it too!

You can also do micro-stakes cash games but from my experience they tend to go all in a lot more and catch with not good hands sometimes.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely try single table Sit n Go's. This is a great way to get a feel for a tournament with a lot less variance, time, and still has the structure. They have many different buy-ins for it too!

You can also do micro-stakes cash games but from my experience they tend to go all in a lot more and catch with not good hands sometimes.

Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned I would prefer to stay away from cash games, I've learned the hard way it's just awful for micro stakes and can ruin and sort of bankroll management plans.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks, I think single table might be the best, I usually have about an hour in the morning before work, so that might be best.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I guess I should have mentioned I would prefer to stay away from cash games, I've learned the hard way it's just awful for micro stakes and can ruin and sort of bankroll management plans.

Exactly. I would try to the 0.50 SnG on ACR. They get like 30-50 players and only lasts a couple hours if that's not too long.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips

Seriously, Dude. You consider this to be a problem?

I would choose a cash game where the players go all-in with bad hands over any other type of games every day of the week.

The problem with low stakes cash is the relatively high rake. The bad players are always a positive factor.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seriously, Dude. You consider this to be a problem?

I would choose a cash game where the players go all-in with bad hands over any other type of games every day of the week.

The problem with low stakes cash is the relatively high rake. The bad players are always a positive factor.

The rake and the high probabilities for collusion or bot play are the reasons. They'll shove with nothing and catch against monster holdings with no problem. If someone was doing this in a live game, I will be the first one there.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
To the OP: if you only have an hour to play even one table sit and go can sometimes take to long (if it isn't 6-max hyper or turbo).

What is left is HUSnG (mostly hyper or turbo) or Spin & Go. The players at the lower levels are so bad that it can overcome the sick variance in this games if you play them long enough.

But I really recommend that you learn how to play cash games. The rake is high compared to the stakes at lower levels but you can begin and quit whenever you want.

And you also become a much better poker player post flop.

It easier to switch from cash to tournaments than the over way.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, I love to play online, but I rarely have the time to sit and go deep in a freeroll or a MTT.

I've also been out of the loop for some time, been playing since '06 but haven't played with any regularity since 2015 or so so I don't know what's good.

I'd love to hear suggestions on what I should play for micro stakes NL holdem for someone with really limited time to play? I play at 888 and PS

Thanks!
I would advise you to play pokerstar in spin-and-go tournaments which do not take much time and you can win well, but you need to play for 1-3-5 dollars, or there are still tournaments in sit-and-go with a small number of players in which tournament doesn’t take much time, good luck

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have no more than 1 hour really one table sit and go is the most from MTT that you can try. spin and go is another option but it is too much of gambling to me.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If you have limited time, then I recommend that you just start playing cash games. I think this is the best option in this case.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Since you have limited time, a good option is the spin n go for the pokerstars or the blast for 888. They last a few minutes and playing with a system and with measure, you can make stable steps and have some results!

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play Sit & Go - 9 , 18, 45 person

Is very fast.

Good Luck

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash games that way you can pull outta game anytime.. with tournaments you never know how long theyll take