Best On-Line Training Site for Live Tournament Player

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone,

Good live tournament players tell me that the best way to really learn how live no-limit holdem tournaments are played in 2018 is to forget about books and join an on-line training site.

Can anyone tell me which are the better on-line training sites for live tournament poker strategy?

Thanks so much I’m advance!

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have looked at a few. I have dabbled with Up Swing Poker, Johnathan Little's site, and some new how to read players site by some guy named Blake or something like that. Sorry I do not know the last guy's name for sure, nor his site. All the training sites I have dabbled with all have a short teaser portion to it, but then they want like anywhere from $50 a month to $1000 up front for the courses. It is way too rich for my blood. I kind of feel like if I could afford to invest this amount of money on an online training site, then I wouldn't really need the training.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only training I need is my own. I would never spend that kind of money on training. If I had that money I would training myself by going to and registering for live tournaments. the more you played in live tournaments the better you would become by experience.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you got good advice. Books are great just to learn the basics, that's it. There was a time before the net exploded that books have their place. Currently, the game changes so quickly they just get dated.

I agree with the other posters that it is really a waste of money to pay someone to teach you. This money would be better spent at the table (online or live). I personally feel unless you know someone, if I was a successful player and could make hundreds of dollars a session why would I spend my time getting 50.00 an hour from you? Why would I want to make less and deal with the headache and aggravation?

People that can't do teach.

I think the best way to learn online is with services like Twitch. There are a lot of pros that stream cash games and tournaments live and leave recordings on sites like Twitch (I guess youtube also). Try reading forums, articles, and watching pros play tournaments on streaming sites. Keep watching their range, position, bet sizing and post flop play. I think you will find a lot of skills to add to your toolbox that will make you more effective.

sammy22

sammy22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you so much for your views and advice everyone....I really appreciate it!

Organize a Home Poker Game