Best advice i ever read

Lucas Isaia

Lucas Isaia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, i wanna share a really good advice than i read sometime ago, its says some like this.Dont elaborate bluff at any stage of the tournament.
To the mayority of opponents only care what cards they have in their hand and dont care what are you playing.
With the bluffs in the most cases you are going to lose more chips than what you can win if you succed.
This advice i remember always what i lose big amounts of chips with a stupid bluff.

;)

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue with this advice is that it is basically just saying two sides of the same coin but applying it only to our opponents, when in reality the mistake it's trying to stop is with US not only focusing on our hand or situation.

If we are aware of our opponent, and understand their range, and that they are going to focus on their own hand, then we can find moments where their range is mostly full of weak hands. These are good moments to attack. It doesn't mean our bluff needs to be "elaborate," just well-timed. So if you are finding that you are mostly giving chips away when you bluff, it probably means you are too focused on your own hand/spot, and not thinking enough about what your opponent is representing.

If they don't have a weak hand, they might not fold. So barreling away and trying to tell them a story they aren't paying attention to might not be worthwhile. Meanwhile, listening to the story THEY are telling to determine they are weak and may fold is super effective.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you never bluff you Lösemittel on a lot of pots that can help you Tonstärke ahead of the blinds in MTTs.
But you must have play bluffs correctly and support them by playing very tight so that your table image helps to get others to fold.
If you lose more chips bluffing than you win then you must bluff smarter and not quit it completely

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 2018 Primetime Emmy Awards wrapped Monday night. Hollywood actors gathered at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles for TV's biggest night. The 70th edition of the Primetime Emmy Awards show was hosted by Michael Che and Colin Jost.
Henry Winkler won the first award of the night. The "Barry" actor said in a fiery acceptance speech, "I only have 37 seconds; I wrote this 43 years ago. Can I just say, Skip Brittenham said to me a long time ago, 'If you stay long enough, the chips come to you.'

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe bluff is part of the game. and sometimes you have to play the opponent and not your cards. you might have nothing but your nothing sometime is higher than the nothing from your opponent. i dont bluff at all, but the times i do, its a calculated bluff. maybe because you have that feeling that your opponent is trying to steal the pot. but i will never put my tournament on the line for a bluff.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy pulling off bluff just to show them to humilate the other player into tilting.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
without bluff - life becomes boring and monotonous...)))
:dancing2:

Lucas Isaia

Lucas Isaia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not saying "never bluff" because its a part of the game as you all said. But in some parts of a tournament i have to think in the advice once and again because if im losing chips i "need" to win some, and sometimes a bluff makesme lose too much.
Im sorry for my english i know is not so good

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is an integral part of the game. I think to completely leave out bluffing as part of an overall strategy to the game is leaving a lot of opportunity on the table. I am not sure exactly how to quantify 'elaborate bluffs' vs. 'regular bluffs'.

SoCal

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well timed bluff can earn big $ to continue when you are otherwise drawing dead. Bluffing out of boredom can be dangerous.

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, i wanna share a really good advice than i read sometime ago, its says some like this.Dont elaborate bluff at any stage of the tournament.
To the mayority of opponents only care what cards they have in their hand and dont care what are you playing.
With the bluffs in the most cases you are going to lose more chips than what you can win if you succed.
This advice i remember always what i lose big amounts of chips with a stupid bluff.

;)

As the saying goes, poker wihout bluff is ABC-poker and not real poker:D Seriously bluff using is hard question for MTT. And yes advice is good but only for early stage of MTT. At first, ask self: "Why am I bluffing now? Is it big pot? Or is my stack small?" NO! (or yes, hah, but it's another story). In otherside, in middle part, bluff can grow your stack faster than just tight play on postflop (steal blinds, semi-bluff and other).

And I agree with previous posts: if you KNOW opponents you can bluff correctly at correct moments. But "MTT" and "know opponents" can be in one sentence? Yes, if table is staying enough time you can investigate opponents and find ULTRA-tight (my term:D) - they will be fold on bluff with 90% cases.

Finally, I want to say: bluff is art. You should sense time when bluff is necessary. And sometimes it will give you a lot of money;)