Beginning middle or end?

mandachuva

mandachuva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which part of the tournament do you like the most ???

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the middle part the best. Early tournament play is clearly the least interesting phase, its just boring ABC poker usually, chip accumulation without taking unnecessary risks. End of tournament is obviously exciting since we know we're earning anywhere from a decent to a massive payday, however in terms of poker, it can also be relatively boring from a strategic standpoint since the blinds are so high compared to the shorter stack sizes, many of the hands play themselves without a whole lot of thinking involved. ICM considerations become more important than the actual strategic decisions involving the cards themselves.

So, that leaves us with the middle portion of the tournament, which is where I find all the important and exciting decisions occurring. Hopefully if the early phase of the tournament went well for us, we'll have a fully functional stack allowing us to make any and all moves we choose to make, we can bluff and apply pressure freely when warranted. This is when poker is truly poker! As we approach the money bubble, this is where the good players really do most of their work to separate themselves from their less skillful counterparts and begin climbing up the leaderboard to put themselves into good position for the end phase where the money payouts happen. This is the part of the tournament I enjoy the most, the middle.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's better to play the tournament first than come later because your stack may be below average and there will be no cards to play either

W

winnie1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like play with short stack and trying to go to the tournament in the end of late registration, but i select tournaments very well.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personalty I love all parts of the tournament, but to pick one it would be the middle part of the tournament. With the various stack sizes and still having deep enough stack to play post flop poker I find it the best part. Of course winning and the final table rule.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
End of the tournament for sure!

Most money on the line, most interesting ICM spots, best opportunities to exploit risk aversion.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The beginning of the tournament is the most important and very difficult stage of the tournament. I do not know guys who like to spend their nerves and chips to feel good, further in the tournament)) The middle of the tournament, also can not be easy), the middle is when it is decided, all or nothing for you today.. I like to feel prizes or when I realize I can do it) This can happen even at an early stage of the tournament, if luck is with you and you use it correctly ;)

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In any case, the final stage of the tournament is the best. Here are the prize money, aggression, composure of players and adrenaline.))

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course end of tournament
You must play so solid for ladders

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Each has their own positives & negatives.
The beginning is a crap shoot & really just a matter of survival, on the other hand, it is a chance to accumulate chips early, while the frenzy is ongoing.
The middle for me is my favourite, not always, but it is a chance to play actual poker, as there as less & less crazies, depending on your style of course. It is also a good opportunity to take advantage of the bubble as players tend to tighten up & you can accumulate more chips, by being more aggressive & bluffing more.
The end can be nerve racking, approaching the real money, concentration & making minimal mistakes as possible, but you need to use your full skill set to move up the ladder, there is no hiding, you have to get involved, as the blinds & antis force you too.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the middle the best for tournament play. You're entering the battle where you are jockeying to get into the money.....and so is everyone else that's left.

It makes for interesting situations, play, and strategy + luck.

The beginning of a tournament is usually just an all-in fest, as is the beginning of in the money play.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the middle stage of the tournament as there is an opportunity to play with the luckiest and most capable opponents.

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the middle and the end of the game in a tournament because the weak players are weeded out and the game becomes more interesting.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
early is just a bunch of people going all in to try rack up money, late it when a lot of rebuys happen in non forum freerolls, and players are probs too advanced for me so middle is the more enjoyable

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of all I like the final part) the prize, especially the final table) :)