**BEERM4Ns May Challenge**

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought I might put together a May challenge thread to give me the extra bit of motivation that I need.

Goals:
  • Earn top 50 in Australia according to P5's Rankings (Currently 77th) http://www.pocketfives.com/profiles/beerm4n/
  • Earn $100k badge on P5's
  • Play 800 games on Stars, approx 65/35 MTT/MTTSNG -
  • Profit 6k (optimistic)
  • Receive at least 2 coaching sessions
At little about me. I started out as a loosing player, both cash and MTTs until I really got sick of loosing money. I put the effort in and decided that I was definatley a stronger tournement player than cash player. So I set my focus on MTTs and havn't looked back. I'm now playing MTTs up to $55 and MTTSNGs up to $35.

I started out playing of FTP until things went sour and then made the transition to Stars. Here is my graph since 27 September 2010 (when I decided I wanted to win):

ThreadMTT.png

More recently I have added the 180 man turbos to my schedule as a filler because the Aussie timezone sucks. I have recently found a new push shove chart which has helped my 180 game a tonne. 180 Turbo graph:

ThreadSng.png

I'm really hoping I can run a bit better in MTTs this month. I mean yesterday I had 3 FTs and ran terrible on each. The first there was 6k up top and 2nd hand my set < a four card flush and very next hand AQ<A8 to bust 9th for change. I also FT bubbled another huge field MTT when KQ<K8.
I'm more than happy to answer any questions that anyone has regarding the challenge or MTT questions in general.
Good luck me.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very impressive dude. I will be following this, gl!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very impressive mate, Iv noticed you in a few hypers of late, do you typically load hypers into your schedule to boost your table numbers on the aussie/nz night time grind? Also how many tables do you run at once, whats your hud set up, and do you ever take shots above 55?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also how much study do you do and how do you do it?

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey duggs, good to see you on the tables recently.

Iv noticed you in a few hypers of late, do you typically load hypers into your schedule to boost your table numbers on the aussie/nz night time grind?

Yeah the only reason I add the hypers in is because of the lack of games that run at the hour of the day. I'm definatly +EV in them but I'm far from an expert in the format.

Also how many tables do you run at once?

I can play up to 12-14ish well but I would say I play optimal around 8. I usually don't have more than 8 running at a time in my timezone anyway.

whats your hud set up?

Nice and simple.
bb/hands
VPP/PFR/3bet/Fvs3Bet

and do you ever take shots above 55?

Whenever I have a chance to play a Sunday, which works out to be the Australian Monday, I have a friend that takes 50% of me for both the Warm-up and Mill.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very impressive dude. I will be following this, gl!

Thanks mate.

Also how much study do you do and how do you do it?

To be honest not enough. I mark hands I'm not to sure about as I play my session and then have a glance over them after the session but that really about it to be honest. Although I do read a lot of hand analysis on 2+2.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha i think im in the same boat regarding the hypers, thanks for the quick responses.

Biggest leaks you have plugged since becoming a winning player?

Ever used training sites?

Do you have a specific note taking system?

Do you ever sweat/get sweated by other MTT players?

Good luck with your monthly goals, think they are ambitious but that is the point of goals isnt it.

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck. I'll keep a eye on this.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best of luck, good to see fellow aussies doing well (even if you are from NSW!).

Being a STT player mainly, the swings involved for me are fairly minimal. How do you deal with losing consistantly for long periods?

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gl man, see u in mttc chat every now and then

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest leaks you have plugged since becoming a winning player?

I think the biggest/most important leak I had when I first put some effort into was definately the power of position. I'm oviously still finding leaks but I always remember when I first read about position as it was one of the first things I learnt. But if I was to start again opening ranges both pre and post ante would be a good place to start.

Ever used training sites?

Never used any training sites bar 2+2 forums.

Do you have a specific note taking system?

Don't often takes note. Although I mark players: Sicko, good reg, bad reg, fish. Definatly rely on HUD stats alot though.

Do you ever sweat/get sweated by other MTT players?

I have in the past sweat some of my friends in MTTs and have also been sweated once or twice before. Not recently.

Best of luck. I'll keep a eye on this.

Thanks mate!

Best of luck, good to see fellow aussies doing well (even if you are from NSW!).

Being a STT player mainly, the swings involved for me are fairly minimal. How do you deal with losing consistantly for long periods?

Take it your a QLD'er then Wizz?

Yeah the MTT swings are killer after I took the last big one I had I felt it affected my game alot, so I am now a backed player.

gl man, see u in mttc chat every now and then

Haha yeah mate. Needed a bit more motivation this month.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No questions just yet but good luck reaching your goals.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you!

Hope you scoop something :)

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No questions just yet but good luck reaching your goals.

Thanks mate.

I played a short session after footy training last night which definately not the start I wanted to the month. I can prob honestly say I titled off the last stack I had. Tonight will be better :)

1May.jpg

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some questions :)

what's your range of buyins? what's your favourite tournament? are there any tournaments you skip out because of structure/type/etc?

xUnrated

xUnrated

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with this.
What did you use to make your charts?

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some questions :)

what's your range of buyins? what's your favourite tournament? are there any tournaments you skip out because of structure/type/etc?

I range up to $55s inc $11r. Favourite tournament would have to be the $33 10k GTD as I've won it twice and final tabled it 5 times or the Big $16. But any of the $33, $27 normal speeds have great structures. Depending on how many tables I have running I will skip the hypers because I definatly don't feel overly strong in them.

Good luck with this.
What did you use to make your charts?

Thanks mate. The chart I've been using was actually created by a friend after he did alot of research using SNG wiz. If you look at my 180 graph you can actually tell when i started to use it, even though its still not much of a sample.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I range up to $55s inc $11r. Favourite tournament would have to be the $33 10k GTD as I've won it twice and final tabled it 5 times or the Big $16. But any of the $33, $27 normal speeds have great structures. Depending on how many tables I have running I will skip the hypers because I definatly don't feel overly strong in them.

Thanks mate. The chart I've been using was actually created by a friend after he did alot of research using SNG wiz. If you look at my 180 graph you can actually tell when i started to use it, even though its still not much of a sample.

i binked the 10k on saturday. love that tourney, do you give the action hour 6k 11r a miss? i played it a few times and its a tough field with relatively small payouts.

Also have you considered day sessions? way easier to get a larger number of good tourneys going at once.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i binked the 10k on saturday. love that tourney, do you give the action hour 6k 11r a miss? i played it a few times and its a tough field with relatively small payouts.

Also have you considered day sessions? way easier to get a larger number of good tourneys going at once.

Grats on the bink mate.

What time does the action hour run? My regging time usually runs from 5pmish (Maybe little earlier) - The Big 33 usually on week days. A bit later on weekends and Fridays.

As for day session I work full time and play footy on Saturdays ao really out of the question. I ocassionally get a session in on the Aussie Sunday and a rare Aussie Monday.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cheers man, it runs around 12pm NZ, so 10-9pm aussie depending on where bouts you are. runs 15 min after the 20k 11r on stars thats usually my last rego

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers man, it runs around 12pm NZ, so 10-9pm aussie depending on where bouts you are. runs 15 min after the 20k 11r on stars thats usually my last rego

Yeah prob just a little late for me. I really love the structure of the action hour tournaments though.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agreed the $33 10k is great, i normally start my session with it when i can wake up in time ;)

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah prob just a little late for me. I really love the structure of the action hour tournaments though.

same problem is that regs do so they arent soft.

The Messiah

The Messiah

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice graph,GL with your goals.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you.

Putting my first real session in as we speak. Got a couple of stacks.