Beating Micro Stakes

G

giantsinfive

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this is hella general but how do you play optimally in micro stakes turbo SNGs? I've heard people say stuff like don't bluff play super tight + implied odds, but I've tried this for a while and it doesn't seem to work-i think because the blinds increase too fast.
I was able to beat th $5s and $11s fairly easily, but I had to withdraw my money and recently deposited $25 and am having a lot of trouble beating the microstakes.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are you having trouble with? We need more info on you and the type of play you face at the table. For best results post some HH so we all can see how we may can help. GL

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-Tight is right
-Learn when to shove (ICM)
-Variance plays a larger role than you think (you're running bad or you ran good before)

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are you having trouble with? We need more info on you and the type of play you face at the table. For best results post some HH so we all can see how we may can help. GL

this.

Z

ZNT746

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you talking 9 max SNGs or 6?
Either way tight is not right for turbos unless you plan on catching cards at all the right times. For turbos you really need to play your position, try to take down the blinds and c-bet a lot of flops unless everyone is playing extremely loose. Then it usually comes down to who gets the cards, which is exactly why I don't like playing turbos at micro stakes. It's much easier to build your bankroll by multi-tabling micro cash games, or try and cash good in a couple 'Guaranteed' MTT's because they are usually extremely soft. Good luck either way.

G

giantsinfive

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah the way I built my bankroll before was mainly just from final tabling a few MTTs, it was probably mostly positive variance. After reviewing Moshman's book I'm starting to do better now. I think I just tilt too easily at times and need to realize when to stop.

L

LaserCats

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Holdem is very popular (or was more popular) so mostly diehards are left. If ur going to make money these days you have to expect variance - people dont make mistakes the way they did 10 years ago (before u could play 100k hands online in a short amount of time). If its legal in the US again u may see an uptick of donks with fat bankrolls gambling hard.