BB ante ,how many BB left?

M

MicroBratt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey has there been a thread of how we figure out how many BB we have left now with the BB ante in play? Any help on how I should calculate this.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BB ante doesn't change the number of BBs you have left. I doubt you changed the way you counted BBs in relation to regular antes. I actually think this new structure makes things easier since you only have to worry about the ante when you're in the BB and it's the exact same size as the BB. With BB ante you know that you're bound to spend 2.5 BBs every cycle and it will be like that for the whole tournament.

Drhat63

Drhat63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it shouldn't change, with BB ante structure. you still calculate your stack based on how many BB's. If you think about ante-ing every single hand, does it effect how you think of your stack, even though you might be putting an extra 50, 100 or 200 out there, every hand?

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your talking about the M, this tells us how many turns around the table we have and you calculate this by looking at how much chips is starting and times it by 10

LanaRhoades

LanaRhoades

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big blind is the chips that you put on the table forced.ante is a number of chips that every player on the table put on the table too so that the pot will get big.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think that the BB ante increases how often the BB will defend?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just add 2/3 of the antes to BB

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can find it just here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-ratio

M=Stack/SB+BB+Total antes

For example

2300/50+10+10*8= 2300/230=10

According to Harrington

M Effective= M*(players/10)

9*(5/10)=4.5

This means that although the player's simple M value places him in the orange zone, his effective M dictates a shift in playing style appropriate for the red zone. In essence, ten times the effective M denotes the expected number of hands a player can let pass before running out of chips.
Harrington further develops the concept to account for shortening tables, as is seen at the closing stages of multi-table tournaments. The M-ratio is simply multiplied by the percentage of players remaining at the table, assuming a ten-player table to be "full".

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really is as easy as adding 2/3 of the antes to the BB. Say the blinds are 5-10, then 2/3 of the blinds are the BB and 1/3 is the SB. When you add in antes you allocate them the same way 2/3 for the BB and 1/3 for the SB. The bigger the antes become the more important it is factor them into the BB calculation.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think that the BB ante increases how often the BB will defend?

It should not but in my experience it does cause many players to defend more. So I watch and if a player is defending wider than normal I will reduce my steal %.