Bankroll management

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know bankroll management is crucial for a winning player but if I have around 100$ on my acc I simply cant play low stakes and go for 10+$ buy in tournaments and lose interest in the smaller tournaments.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many are subject to greed, but when you win a good amount of money, the most logical is to participate in cheap tournaments and micro limits in such cases. Firstly, it gives even more practice (after all, entry is cheap and you can play a lot of hands), and secondly, it will show you whether you are really able to get into the prize zone in 20-50% of cases, in order to ultimately continue profitable strategy, but not loose.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't care about this money, it's good to play any level. But if u want to be serious, think about your level, you have to realize that 9 of 10 time you will be the sucker of the table.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest you to have at least 50 buy ins of average if you are doing great in those stakes. Aiming for an average buy in of $2 with your $100 bankroll.

And this is if you're crushing. In fact you should have between 100-150 buy ins to be safe.

I would play something like this with a $100 bankroll, let say we are playing 100 tournaments:
1 $5 mtt
4 $2.50 mtt
10 $2 mtt
15 $1.50 mtt
30 $1
30 $0.50
10 $0.10

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The most important thing is bankroll management. Many make the mistake of playing off the bench. My advice would be that you only play 2% of your banking and I think that most would think the same as me. GL

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on whether you plan to reload and don't mind reloading or you are playing as if this $100 is it and if you run out you are done. If its the latter than I suggest you play 50 cent to $1 buy ins and see what happens. If you of the mindset that you dont want to put a lot on at one time but are willing to reload if the $100 goes dry then yes you can play $5 and $10 buy ins because in reality your roll is more than $100.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No matter how well you play, the variance will gobble up your bankroll if you play more than $ 1! Be prudent and luck will smile at you!

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s not difficult to win, it’s harder to keep the winnings

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If your bankroll is $ 100, then I recommend you spend no more than 1-2 dollars a day. In addition, you need to play in all the freerolls available to you to be able to replenish your bankroll.

A2ub3

A2ub3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have a total of $20,000 set aside as your poker "bankroll". You also have $10,000 set aside for living expenses, which you have vowed not to use to play poker with.

A professional poker player should have a certain amount of money set aside (usually six months worth of expenses) for living expenses.

The problem that many players have is that their living expenses and poker bankroll are intermingled, and they play with both their living expenses and poker bankroll money. This leads to situations where players "go broke" and need to borrow money just to continue paying their expenses, let alone play poker.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my point of view, managing the bank depends a lot on behavior and tolerance to frustration, so as not to seek a quick exit in high level tournaments, keeping yourself is the ideal

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately we don't really have a choice. it is better to respect the rules of management of your banckroll and play that 2% of your money to continue to raise your banckroll.car in poker the variance does not make gift especially in the short term.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On youtube, I don’t remember which professional said that if you have $ 100, play tournaments up to $ 1. If 1000 play up to 10 dollars. This should be enough for a comfortable game.

taylormaade

taylormaade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard 100 buy-ins for tournaments and 30-40 buy-ins for cash games.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn’t be so worried about the stakes but recording hands and making sure you’re making the correct decisions. You should play within your bankroll and look to get better. The higher stakes will come

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If that $100 is truly your bankroll, than you should probably work on your discipline of playing the appropriate stakes. You're hampering yourself in the long run. Normal variance is probably not going to allow you to sustain playing at inappropriate buy in games. You'll likely find yourself always having a lower bankroll than you want or need, or often having to keep adding more money. Which then really isn't a bankroll. It's more of a let's see how long this deposit will last me this time.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many are subject to greed, but when you win a good amount of money, the most logical is to participate in cheap tournaments and micro limits in such cases. Firstly, it gives even more practice (after all, entry is cheap and you can play a lot of hands), and secondly, it will show you whether you are really able to get into the prize zone in 20-50% of cases, in order to ultimately continue profitable strategy, but not loose.

I don't think this is a subject of greed, at least it is not for me. I play for money and I want to play for what I think my time is worth. I don't want to grind out 10 hours to win what I would make in an hour if I worked. That just seems counter productive.

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're able to deposit any losses and don't care about making money playing, BRM is not that important. If you want to:
1. Move up in stakes without going broke
2. Be a long term winning player
3. Make money from playing poker

Then I would suggest you practice good BRM, while limiting play to stakes where you are a proven winner.
Moving up is a combination of being properly rolled, and being skilled enough to win at that stake. If you don't keep this in mind, you're likely to go broke at some point in your poker career.

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think this is a subject of greed, at least it is not for me. I play for money and I want to play for what I think my time is worth. I don't want to grind out 10 hours to win what I would make in an hour if I worked. That just seems counter productive.

I am afraid that in this case there is a very great chance of losing everything. I know people who, after winning, raised their limits and lost almost everything :)

A

antoniogtp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll management for a 100$ bankroll

With 100$ I would only play 55 cent or $1.10 tournaments (or satellites) (If the 100$ are at pokerstars). What you can do is play 55 cent or $1.10 satellites to bigger tournaments and if you qualify for those bigger tournaments make cashing a priority beacuse cashing in those tournaments will boost your bankroll significantly... Or just play 55 cent or $1.10 tourneys regularly not play to just cash but play to win...

Kertooie

Kertooie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a failure when it comes to bank roll management, I can't help but play high stakes :/

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am afraid that in this case there is a very great chance of losing everything. I know people who, after winning, raised their limits and lost almost everything :)

That is VERY unfortunate. I know that gambling can be dangerous for some people. Hopefully they were able to walk away from the game and avoid further damage.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you dont mind reloading play what you want. If you dont want to reload you really need to play smart bankroll management. You may not like the levels you are playing but if that's what you can afford that what you should play.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is of course a problem. An important rule of bankroll ira. Otherwise, when you fall into the downstream, you can merge your deposit.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are exceptions to every rule. Not everybody needs to adhere to the 100X bankroll rule. You should play in the buy in you feel comfortable to lose, that also has a pay out big enough if you win.

I also have about $100 bankroll. I have never deposited. It is all from freerolls, so I know I can replenish it with further freerolls. I am not buying into a $1 mtt where the prizes are the same as a freeroll and the tournament lasts twice as long. I am jumping up to a $6-10 buy in, where the prize is worth the risk and time invested.

If you are serious about making money at poker and play multiple tables, you need to adhere to strict BRM. But the rules are not universal, there are exceptions.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management