Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
I was knocked out of the tourney (social media) today.
I was BB with 6k stack
2 persons call and SB calls
I had 6 8 os
Flop comes 8 3 8
I raise to 1600 and 2 persons fold, SB raises to 2800 and I go all in and get called with Q8.
Turn and river no help.

Your Opinion everyone please.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit more information would help. How many big blinds deep were you? How many was the small blind? Were they playing tight previously in the tournament? These kinds of things are necessary to fine-tune your decision making, but regardless on the whole I think you can't fault yourself for busting to better trips. Especially in a freeroll where people are fairly willing to blast off on any decent hand, and ranges are relatively wide. On the other hand, the fact that he limped pre-flop reduces the chance of him having an overpair, so it might be argued that you should have flatted his raise instead of 3-bet jamming, as you are really only getting called by better hands there in a standard game. But like I said before, in freerolls you have to be a bit more willing to take those shots, especially Turbos like the social media freeroll. Don't feel too bad about it.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Thanks for your opinion

Really apreciate it.
A bit more information would help. How many big blinds deep were you? How many was the small blind? Were they playing tight previously in the tournament? These kinds of things are necessary to fine-tune your decision making, but regardless on the whole I think you can't fault yourself for busting to better trips. Especially in a freeroll where people are fairly willing to blast off on any decent hand, and ranges are relatively wide. On the other hand, the fact that he limped pre-flop reduces the chance of him having an overpair, so it might be argued that you should have flatted his raise instead of 3-bet jamming, as you are really only getting called by better hands there in a standard game. But like I said before, in freerolls you have to be a bit more willing to take those shots, especially Turbos like the social media freeroll. Don't feel too bad about it.

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance , those spots happens , could easily have AA and lost , could also have 33 and dominate you ... Poker ;) Not a nice way to bust out of tourney , but if you gonna regret losing chips/$$$ on spots like this , then idk what to tell you m8 except that poker is not for you lol ... have a nice day & gl in future :)

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today on the CC freeroll, i saw something like that, but with 6's. They went all-in, and the higher kicker won (with a 10).

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffzone you did nothing wrong, these things happen in poker. 9 times out of 10 you would win the hand, just think of it as one of those things, dust yourself down and keep going.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing you can do about it. Almost every body will do like you in same situation

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I was BB with 6k stack
I had 6 8 os
Flop comes 8 3 8
I raise to 1600 and 2 persons fold, SB raises to 2800 and I go all in and get called with Q8.
Turn and river no help.

I would probably do the same as you in that spot, cause I'd think he is representing an 8 bu doesn't really have one. These hands happen sometimes..

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in fact, your actions are correct, but from the point of view of poker theory, you made a move with a lesion

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's difficult to say without more information on villain. Basically when he re-raises you on the flop you need to use your read on him to determine how likely it is he has an overpair (or other hand you are ahead of) and how likely it is he has better trips than you or a full house. Observing his play earlier on helps you do this as it enables you to narrow the range you have him on, for example not many players limp pre-flop with high pocket pairs so you may have been able to remove several of the hands you were beating from his range (e.g. AA, KK, QQ, AK).
As it played, the SB must have checked to you on the flop so his 2800 was actually a check raise, usually indicating great strength. I think you played fine up to the point you were check-raised and I couldn't say if you were right or wrong to call without knowing more about villain.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I was BB with 6k stack
I had 6 8 os
Flop comes 8 3 8
Turn and river no help.

The standard situation for limp pot in freerrols. You have a weak kicker, I would play through the check and look at the actions and statistics of opponents.