Bad decisions at the end of an online tournament!

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am one of the players who only plays Mtt, I always end up playing 2 hours and up to 2 and a half hours, but when I get to that playing time, I am exhausted and I end up voting all my chips no matter how big my stack is in a bad move making a bad decision and all the time played ends up being in vain.

Does it happen to you after arriving 2 and a half hours playing a tournament?

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the same

I can't spend more than two hours in front of the computer knowing that it's a nice day outside. So I choose sit and go or the rainy days :p

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am one of the players who only plays Mtt, I always end up playing 2 hours and up to 2 and a half hours, but when I get to that playing time, I am exhausted and I end up voting all my chips no matter how big my stack is in a bad move making a bad decision and all the time played ends up being in vain.

This is normal to happen, as we usually when we reach the end of lengthy tournaments like mtt, we are already saturated with seeing cards and chips, so we ended up unconsciously making wrong decisions and without measuring consequences. However, what I advise is to always keep water at your side, keep your body as relaxed as possible so as not to get tired and reach the end of the tournament with animation.

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah have food prepared before hand like a sandwich or something you can eat quick, do your chores first (so you're not thinking, I need to do the dishes or whatever) and like already stated have water handy.... another thing i would suggest is to take advantage of the 5 minute breaks every hour! If you have a really good stack maybe even extend it to 10 minutes by leaving maybe 2 or 3 minutes earlier and arriving just a little late and go outside for air for about 2. Minutes come back in and stretch for 5 minutes and then clear your mind for poker for a minute before sitting back in!

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And I'm glad that there are such players who play their time and leave :) This makes it possible to earn not much :)

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah have food prepared before hand like a sandwich or something you can eat quick, do your chores first (so you're not thinking, I need to do the dishes or whatever) and like already stated have water handy.... another thing i would suggest is to take advantage of the 5 minute breaks every hour! If you have a really good stack maybe even extend it to 10 minutes by leaving maybe 2 or 3 minutes earlier and arriving just a little late and go outside for air for about 2. Minutes come back in and stretch for 5 minutes and then clear your mind for poker for a minute before sitting back in!

hahaha, you are very well prepared!

Thanks for the tips.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No, because the tourneys I play on ACR last a whole heck of a lot longer. The micros 1k and 8k haven't even finished late reg by 2 hours. And most tourneys I late reg into. But I've yet to make a final table. So don't know how that would play out yet.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, no, this rarely happens to me. I usually get it from 4-5 hours of the game, and sometimes I’m not surprised. But when this happens two or even three times in a row, I wonder: it’s not arranged ? :) :). Yes, this sounds strange. :) :)

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

meditate during breaks :)

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good thing you admit you're wrong, and you don't blame the poker room!
I suggest two possible solutions:
1. Pause poker for a few weeks. You may just need rest.
2. Switch to SNG and Micro MTT tournaments. should be played similarly to MTT, and ends between 1-2 hours.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's more like, I'll close to the bubble then get dealt pocket aces and no matter how I play it somebody cracks them.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a big reason why I've been steering clear of MTTs lately and leaning towards playing in SnGs. Not just because of fatigue in playing long in tournaments (even if I wait until the last minute to late registration in them), but because it's hard to justify playing online poker for that long in one sitting, even in today's quarantining climate.

T

Turnermatt99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like whenever I get to the final table on MTT, I just end up saying **** it "all in." Sometimes it's advantageous, but most of the time not so much.

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first, yes. Then I slowly got used to the longer playing times, always having my "I'm tired and making bad decisions" period a little later. Now I can play 5-6 hours in a game without getting impatient or tired and starting to flop.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, if as it is to me it also happens to me that when I play 3 hours in a row, I do not know if it will be fatigue or that but in a bad play I lose all my chips, likewise Poker there are times that it is a matter of luck, for example they give you AA and there is always someone who breaks them.
In those cases what I usually do is stretch well, I go outside to get some air, I always have water next to me. Hopefully it helps you. Greetings.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Eat well and drink water! The longer the tournament lasts the better the players! Tighten up your game and only play premium hands! Try this and see if it works for you! Works for me!

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very good that you saw the problem. now you just need to work on yourself, take a break during the game for 5-10 minutes.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YEs!! right on, my mind can be focused just a limited time. thats why my ITM is as low as 2% ... need to improve this ASAP!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know you're making a bad decision, why don't you stop yourself?

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you even bothering to play, if you can'/t get past that point? Sounds to me, that you're just wasting your money.

Try sit'n go instead. At least, you'll be giving yourself a chance to win something.

But don't play them for more than 2 hours..

I don't understand why you even enter tournaments, because if you're going to get into the money, you're looking at longer than 2 hours in most cases.

This really seems self defeating.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTT tournament lasts 6-8 hours on average
even hyper lasts more than 2 hours
you need to understand that MTT session is 8-14 hours of time
you better not play MTT
try spins or cash

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

usually in frerolls it happens, but when it's with buy in the agent concentrates a little more... patience is the soul of wisdom...in poker

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Jeez, my son says I don't concentrate much and I miss hands I could win, especially when taking chips from my opponents.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Unfortunately, the situation is familiar. I am also struggling with the same problem. I’ve been playing online poker for a very long time, but I haven’t yet found a way to focus on the game and not do nonsense towards the end of tournaments. Though I know the field will get stronger as time goes on and I should play tighter and tighter, but it won’t work.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think late tournament is when you should get creative against similar sized stacks and try isolation against short stacks with a wider range.