Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$40 live tournament.
Table: 7 handed
Blinds: 25/50

Villain stack: ~700
Hero stack: ~600
Villian type: Loose fish, calls and limps every hand.

Villain limps UTG with K 6 off. Folds around, hero calls BB with 5 6 suited.

Flop 9h Kc 6d.

I check, villain checks

Turn brings 6c. I bet 50 thinking of trapping and gaining value from loose caller. I put him on a loose King type hand. Villian had been calling a lot with those hands.
Villian calls.

River is a 5h. I bet 100, villain raises to 200. I could have just called here to reduce the damage against another player ? But I go all in for max value.

Mistake, villain shows K 6, better full house.

I could have raised pre flop to get them to fold loose hands or just called on river. But due to their call center image, I though I was ahead. What else could have been done here ?

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is pretty much just a ultra cooler if you were in the bb. I like the bet on the
turn, some players may check call here but i like the bet out (making sure you extract value). The fact he check trapped you on the flop is unlucky, very nice play from him, he signed your death warrant with that move. After that you get married to your hand on both streets, especially because the range you had already put him on. After the turn, you were destined to go broke in my opinion. Raising preflop out of position with a hand as weak as 56 suited against a loose fish is sub optimal, never really ahead of anything and don't know where you are very often on most flops unless you flop huuuge. That being said i'm assuming the guys a loose fish calling station. After the turn its over and the river is just ridiculous guaranteeing you go broke for sure, you absolutely have to get value based on your read of his possible hand range. Only a extreme nit doesn't go broke here after you see the turn. Unlucky hand:(:(.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have played the hand exactly the same way. That was just bad luck. Such players are very unpredictable, he would have called your all in with only the king.

Your thought with the maximum value was completely right here.

Shit happens! Next time you get the chips mate.;)

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
immediately all in why pulled ??? what was waiting ???

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sick cooler. Otherwise its exactly the type of hand you want to hit against a caling station. I will say the raise was a little suspicious on the river, not a typical calling station move. However, I think too hard to get away from.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey. I don’t think you were mistaken. How often will the villain have K6 in this situation? This situation is only an exception if you say that this opponent plays a lot of hands, usually he calls with a very wide range, in this hand you are just out of luck. It is good play line.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you start a hand with almost no chips (12 BB), and someone end up with a better boat than yours, you go broke. That is just the way it is. Even in 100 BB cash game poker you can typically not fold a boat on a single paired board. There are just to few hands, that beat you, and to much second best stuff, that will stack off.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just unlucky. Nothing you could have done. Especially against a loose player.

A

aasdehaas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a call would have been the better play as you said urself in a way. U didnt have the nuts and he didnt shove u but made a min raise, so most likely he wasnt bluffing but tryin to gain more chips from you and trap you.

ive lost like this too, more than once so its not uncommon to go out like this but u did have the chance to stay alive.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion you could have reduced,virtually eliminated damage by not calling the BB with 56 suited in the first place, because afterwards you did not have an opportunity to fold until you made trips which already called for aggressive play, forget about folding. What impressed me however was your opponent's play, which was perfect in that hand. He might be a fish, but played that hand like a pro.

Last edited:
M

Megadonk666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Destined to loose. In that limped pot he could easy have raised 89, 67, k9. The only two hands he could have that beat you are k6 and 96(unlikely). He would have raised with 99 and kk pre. So you have to shove - and be coolered. He played it good postflop.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion you could have reduced,virtually eliminated damage by not calling the BB with 56 suited in the first place, because afterwards you did not have an opportunity to fold until you made trips which already called for aggressive play, forget about folding. What impressed me however was your opponent's play, which was perfect in that hand. He might be a fish, but played that hand like a pro.

I agree here, unless he was small blind. I'm not sure what position he was in, but that's the feeling I got from what he said (he's in small blind)
Also, I think I would have just called and not shoved back. That reraise on the the river card would have made me uneasy. The only way I would have shoved all in is if I was still left with chips, or already in the money and wanted to take a chance. It's better to win less and live imho.

M

Megadonk666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Destined to loose. In that limped pot he could easy have raised 89, 67, k9. The only two hands he could have that beat you are k6 and 96(unlikely). He would have raised with 99 and kk pre. So you have to shove - and be coolered. He played it good postflop.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you received a re-raise from villain on the river, which hand did you expect to see then? Your hand is good, but it's not nuts. If he had bet on the flop, you would probably have avoided the trap.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a cooler. with your read you can't fold a full house in this spot.

I think preflop doesn't leave too many Options with a 12bb stack vs an UTG calling Station and just 65s.
If you raise 3-4bb you are pot commited because you have less than pot size behind….
and shoving seems to be too aggressive if we get a flop for free with 65s

When you received a re-raise from villain on the river, which hand did you expect to see then? Your hand is good, but it's not nuts. If he had bet on the flop, you would probably have avoided the trap.

K9 KT KJ KQ basically any K
we have blockers for most full house Combos. he would raise KK and 99, so there is no Hand left we have to be affraid of.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion you could have reduced,virtually eliminated damage by not calling the BB with 56 suited in the first place.

I think, this is just a language problem. Villain limped into the pot, so Hero did not call from BB, he knocked his option and took the free play. Which of course you have to do with any hand. We are not folding in poker, when its free to check.

V

vini127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No escape from that, very unlucky situation

I think the only different think u coulda have done was only call the river

but still, a cooler is a cooler

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just a cooler, you need to take value from your hand against these types of players

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually - but not always at micro stakes

Raise on the river is usually the nuts

Usually - but at micro stakes - it isn't. It is a strong hand - but not the nuts. Fish often re-raise on the river thinking their trips or set is best. This is also done with 2 pair - even when there is a straight and flush on board.