Ax off, low suited connectors or suited K's and Q's?

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was looking through some opening ranges from different sources. A lot of opening ranges (for micro stakes) are the same but I noticed a difference in two sources. Both sources have the usual top end for each range:

- One source says to play your off suit non-broadway aces, with more lower suited connectors, 1, 2, and 3 gap suited cards.

-Another suggests playing less of the above, and play more suited King and Queens.

What would you be more inclined to open up with?

Against a weaker opponent, the suited K or Q would seem better. Weaker player will play their cards more face up, letting you take down a pot with a c-bet on the right board whether you hit top pair or not, and calling or raising when they make there hand. If they do play back, you can likely check down a turn to back into a possible flush, or make 2 pair / trips.

Against a good / agro opponent, I would be more inclined to play the low suited connectors and 1,2,3 gap suited cards. Raising with these cards can be deceptive, and if the villain 3bets you can call and play a pot in position, and maybe stack your opponent if you make hit with these cards.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would open with both against the players you mention. The weaker player you don't need cards as they will either allow you to draw for cheap or move them off their hand depending on what you chose.