re: Poker & Art of restealing
Originally Posted by only_bridge
I need some suggestion regarding restealing from the blinds.
observe late positioners who 2bet a lot and their response to 3bets.
1) Can we resteal from early position raisers?
2) can weresteal more effectively from the SB than from the BB?
3) can we resteal with ATC or wait for decent hand ?
Yes and yes
4) how big bet sizing of a 3bet to resteal with?
As small as we think can work.
5) are we prepare to fold to a 4bet ?
6)are we prepared to play postflop on a flat call?
It depends. I would rank our options like this:
1. c-bet the flop, and give it up if it doesnt work
3. get creative
1) i find it more difficult if not impossible to resteal from EP raisers. Unless the EP is a habitual stealer I think is still tough resteal from EP raiser. I like to resteal from a lone raiser starting from hijack position to the btn.
2)Why cant we steal more effectively from the SB? I think it more believable we actually have a good starting hand to the BB and BTN /CO/HJ stealer. No one really expects a 3bet from the SB usually its the BB...thus more believeble that the 3bet is not light.
5) yes agree I will fold to 4bet most times cause most times with restealing its really ATC.
6) Flating a 4 bet? yes agree is really depends.....most times I fold but calling with something like sc or low pairs might work if I have a deep stack and confident of my postflop play. Of course 5 bet/shove is a no brainer if you have anything like QQ+ .
3) Yes agree. Can Resteal with decent hand or ATC .....what happens next ...then look at #5 or #6 if 4betted into
4) betsizing .....i say 2.5-3x the 2bet raise ... a minbet invites a call IMO. I think you cant resteal shortie if the 2.5-3x reraise makes them pot committment