Anyone play these $4.50 180 SnGs?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These SnG's are frustrating me so bloody much lol.

I've played like 10 so far and not cashed in a single one, bubbled a fair few. Had chip lead in a fair few too down to last 20 and managed to get it vs a big stack on two occasions and lose.

They aren't not even turbo but I think the main factor is because they are 1500 starting stacks and 180 people in them. I can and usually do well in other micros, espically the 90men $2.20 games but these I seem to struggle. Could this just be varience? I certainly don't think the games are any tougher than the $2.20..

What sort of swings can you expect in these games? I know they won't be as swingy as the $2.20 turbos and I've not gone through as many games but can you give an idea if someone plays them?#

than ks

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just posted in your other thread but have 150+BI because they are so swingy. I won one last week and have been doomswitched since lol. The fact they are none turbo means you can play 3 hours and not cash whoch is horrible aswell.

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone in 2+2 post yesterday in the 180-man Regs Thread, that hit a streak of 70 games out of the money , that could give a rough idea how swingy they are, with 10 you still got room :icon_joke

I don´t think could manage that amount of games with out cashing to be honest.

Last edited:
R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Ben.

They are so weird though, they aren't even turbo yet unless you hit some big hands you're usually way behind the AVG stack. Again, another 5 or so down and still without a cash. Again though, great stack sizes, 5/20 last night, I have A,K some mega lose player shoves my raise pref-flop. I'm confident I'm ahead, snap call. He shoves A,Q and a queen hits.

I find these the most frustrating SnG's the players really are BAD beyond belief. I guess it's a time of waiting and for varience to settle down lol.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone in 2+2 post yesterday in the 180-man Regs Thread, that hit a streak of 70 games out of the money , that could give a rough idea how swingy they are, with 10 you still got room :icon_joke

I don´t think could manage that amount of games with out cashing to be honest.

eww. I don't like the thought of that. Feel I can't stop playing them now! :)

The thing I don't understand is how the 180's are so swingy yet the 90 mans really aren't that bad at all. It's very rare I go 5 games without a final table on them. The structure is the same, just an extra set of 90 players..I think if the 180 mans were 3k starting stacks I'd more than ok! :<

For me, this might sound stupid but MTT's with 1000-5000k entrants seem less swingy than these!

Last edited:
Shufflin

Shufflin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aren't the 90-mans a more gradual blind structure? Maybe that is the difference. I haven't played them since the CC Invasions dwindled, but remember them seeming pretty soft.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't really play these without multitabling becuase they're so slow. I would a few 27's and 45's and 90's if you wanna play these so you're not bored

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I multi table normally anyway, MTT's along with the $4.50's/$2.20's and $1.50 SnG's so usually have 10 on the go at once. I couldn't dream of playing any less than 2-3 tables at once. I tend to go far to loose and donk of my stacks.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play 180 man Sngs , not even 90. They take too long.
45 is my limit. They take like 2-3 hours and if i go out after 1 hour i can start another one. If you go out after 3 hours without cashing i think is frustrating.
Plus at 45 ppl Sngs i only change 2-3 tables untill the final table. I can focus on my opponnents and strike at the right moment since i will be seeing almost the same ppl untill the money.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play 180 man Sngs , not even 90. They take too long.
45 is my limit. They take like 2-3 hours and if i go out after 1 hour i can start another one. If you go out after 3 hours without cashing i think is frustrating.
Plus at 45 ppl Sngs i only change 2-3 tables untill the final table. I can focus on my opponnents and strike at the right moment since i will be seeing almost the same ppl untill the money.
You're clearly not talking about the 45 turbo's, which take 1hr-1hr 20max