• Thread starter playinggameswithu
  • Start date
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of variables to consider and I know because chaos theory 1 variable changes literally the entire tournament play. Should I avoid 500+ player tournaments? Should I be looking at knockout rate? Which room has juiciest guarantees with overlay? Tips on tournaments?

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online:
Most lower buy in tournaments are 500+ players making it harder to really earn some money since the prizes are rather small unless you get to the final table or near it, on the other hand, I believe that higher buy in also means different types of players against which it is harder to extract value, meaning it is also tough to make money unless you consider yourself a strong tournament player.
Live:
I know a lot of tournaments in my home town, with unlimited rebuy within some period of 5 or 6 lvls, try avoiding such tournaments, as people tend to gamble more to win a stack, and if you don't hit proper cards you just can't manage to build the stack.

If u just started to play tournaments, consider playing SNGs instead (similar structure as a tournament, less players, but unfortunately less money as well).

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you pick tournaments by the amount of your bankroll. 75-100 buyins if you're a rookie and grinding online consistantly, without shot taking

Last edited:
MadMurkin

MadMurkin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
buyin to what you can afford to lose.
i suggest looking at finished tournaments on wateva site u at, u can then see wat trny's give value for money each day in terms of players, prizemoney etc.

R

raventvm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should start at a full-ring SNG table. Then try to play at 45, 90 players to feeling how the tournament works