Any Ace

K

killercon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive been playing online alot lately and in tournaments it seems anyone with an ace will just go alk in preflop. ive seen ace anything just shove all in no matter what position or any betting. a pre 5x bet will get shoved on usually they show just any ace.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The people who shove all in are the ones that don't really know how to play poker. Even the ones shoving with AA or KK are usually bad players. What happens more times than not is that they'll get a good hand and they shove all in then they hope someone will call them. Their the same idiots who flop top pair and instantly go all in. These me players are telling you what hands they have. The good players disguise there hands. They want you to think your hand is best so you put your chips in the pot. The all in goes will eventually will become easy targets for you as long as you stay disciplined. Don't start playing their game. What until you have AA or KK then raise them up just enough to were they usually go all in. Same thing postflop keep folding until you hit a strong hand hand. Be patient. Don't be concerned with winning ever pot. Let them have hands and let them bluff. Patience is key against those types of players

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, depends of the tournament. Play in a freeroll is very different than play in a 100 dollar tournament. I noticed in higher buy in tournaments play is closer to what you would expect it to be.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ive been playing online alot lately and in tournaments it seems anyone with an ace will just go alk in preflop. ive seen ace anything just shove all in no matter what position or any betting. a pre 5x bet will get shoved on usually they show just any ace.

it's true, tournament start is like this, several players are like that, it's funny, it's all or nothing !!!
excellent observation!

:ciao::wavey:

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament play shoving any ace isn't that unusual when shortstacked SB vs BB

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a general sense and with a competitive stack .. imo that is a foolish play ... on the other hand, if my stack reaches the danger zone .. those will be my criteria any ace .. any king .... better than blinding off waiting for an amazing hand, and it gives you a chance .. a small one .. but a chance .....

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Any ace all-in sounds like most freerolls. Then, you have any suited ace. Finally, any suited pair. Bad strategy, but there are some players that do it every freeroll..

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments it's valid to shove weak aces short stacked and especially in late positions. You have your chances against the best hand and block AA

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over time, you will understand that a game with A and cards from 2 to 10 is unprofitable, and even more so the tactics of all-in. You risk the whole stack for the sake of blinds and very often you will lose an ace with a decent kicker.
:icon_smur

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournament play shoving any ace isn't that unusual when shortstacked SB vs BB

I was going to post something similar. Once you start to get blinded down, any ace starts looks really good. And the push/shove charts confirm this strategy...

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all well saying wait till you get AA then raise enough to get these players to push all in. I can tell you most of the time if you're sat there folding that when you do pick up a premium hand and raise that most observant players will know what you have and will fold. That is why I usually push all in because there's always a chance a loose player will think their hand is worth calling with, or even the possibility of a misclick. Probably the best time to get AA is on the big blind, though I've noticed that when this happens quite often everyone just folds round almost as if they can see my cards.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, that's true - many weak players all-in with over 15BB with A2-A9 cards. According to me, they should be played with less than 10 BB from late position or if they are suited, limping to complete the highest color.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ax

when u have less that 15bb and every1 before u folds its a push.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dumb

It's not a smart poker play to shove with A rag. I love it when they get knock out of tourney with a crap play like that.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While it may sometimes seem that those kinds of players can play that way and getting away with it for a while, they will all eventually lose when they run into bigger A's. Just be patient.