Any 2 cards ..

I

Izekat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have come across many a donk playing MTT and sometimes i just cant believe what i see! Off suit 2 4 beating pocket kings with a straight on the flop.

Sometimes i wonder if blind luck is the key in poker rather than strategy.

Any thoughts?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I prefer to play with good cards. Yes, it happens that people with thrash win, but more often they lose.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big Blind Specials sometimes get great flops.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on position and my read on the other players I can easily make certain plays with pretty much any 2 cards.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategy is key, but poker is not a game where the most strategic will win all the time, so you just have to get used to the callers, and take as many wins as the odds will allow. If you want to see more dumb luck in a game of poker, play limit poker, so many people stay in on the stupidest hands and it always seems like they hit the nuts on the river.

W

winslowlee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lots of bots and people exploiting RNG flaws

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play with good cards. Yes, it happens that people with thrash win, but more often they lose.
We remember every bad beat, but never remember the lots of chips raised From this kind of player haha

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen that as well where "bad cards" end up beating premium starting hands and to me I feel online poker is more luck than skill until proven otherwise.

There is too many instances of bad beats that should not happen with quality hands.

J

joshua360

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
low limit vs. high limit

Of coarse you all know, any two cards can win at any time. My experience is the higher the buy in, the better the play. This is, of coarse, not always true. But for the most part, people are not so concerned about losing 5 or 10 dollars so they seem to be willing to play more low quality starting hands. But when you start throwing several hundred dollars on the table, play becomes more like it should be. Just from my experiences.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have come across many a donk playing MTT and sometimes i just cant believe what i see! Off suit 2 4 beating pocket kings with a straight on the flop.

Any thoughts?
Any two cards have at least 20%EV vs every other hand.So u can play whatever u want but only in right way .

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play postflop and get value from big hands to increase my stack and don't put my tournament life on a pair of kings while i'm having a playable stack. Push with a pair when I am short stack.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
We remember every bad beat, but never remember the lots of chips raised From this kind of player haha

I do not remember every bad beat. They happen every day and there are too many of them. But this is not a reason for me to play with a bad card.:)

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things like this only happen in micro-small stakes and occasionally from a tilted player in medium and sometimes even higher stakes. They can get lucky a few times doing it but eventually they will bust out

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, just do not need to go to the Bank !!!!!!To make a big raise, thereby to remove the bad hands and not whine then !!!!:D

I

Izekat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
True indeed .. the bigger the buy in the more sane the gameplay seems to be. I guess one could chalk that up to pure value psychology .. otherwise the game plays exactly the same regardless of the pot.

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You remember me my last tournament:
I had 2 4 and fold, but flop brings A 3 5.
In the next hand I had 88, I call, come 8 J K. I check, my opponent goes all in I called. He won with straight.

J

Jorg3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Any thoughts?

Hello if the truth is that in my game strategy I icluyo the small cards because poker is like that and you can win with good cards and also with others that are not.

J

Jorg3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You also have to think that this is a game of strategy and chance where luck plays a very important role.

J

Jorg3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Another thing I always do in tournaments is try to see as many flops as possible just by paying the blinds. This strategy helps me make sure I can win or not.

Ricey155

Ricey155

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sooner we except that the flop doesn't always include aces, kings, queens and 7-8 can win along with Q10 the better we can play. It's hard to take hitting trip jack's only for the last jack giving him a straight but hey when it's your day You get paid and not them !! 👍 🎲🎲

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get two kings and I know that I can lose but I weigh my position and my chips and to whom I lose I do not know and it does not matter.

Krabbeltje

Krabbeltje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it has a lot to do with the stakes you are playing. Play money, freerolls, micro buyin to low buyins - it's basically all the same. People just don't care at those stakes and you will see it in the quality of hands that they play. If the buyin or the stakes go up the quality of hands & play will go up as well.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats only luck, try not to pay a special attention to what others might do, it could spoil your way of play a big time. Nevertheless, like someone already said, those kind of players are more likely to lose more often, way more often actually...Stick to your game plan, try playing "by the book" and you will see how in long terms, those kind of players who are willing to play 2 4 or so, will make a difference to your bankroll and you will be thankfull they actually exist lol

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Any thoughts?

For short distances of course luck is important, and cards 24o can win AA. But for the long haul with this game is unlikely to be able to get into the prizes. It is necessary to understand, which cards are gambling, depending on the position, and which are not.

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me I also play only with good cards, but as for good luck and any strategy, so they all are important, as for me, they always go together!