S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yesterday i was playing a 100$ freeroll an we have been down to 4 player, three paid (50/30/20$)
chipleader was far ahead with around 27 k stake, us three between 2 and 4 k stake. He sit right to me an shoved nearly every time on small blind.

Twice i thought you should call holding jj and 99 but did not afraid being the bubble boy.

What do you think about this? should i have called?

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday i was playing a 100$ freeroll an we have been down to 4 player, three paid (50/30/20$)
chipleader was far ahead with around 27 k stake, us three between 2 and 4 k stake. He sit right to me an shoved nearly every time on small blind.

Twice i thought you should call holding jj and 99 but did not afraid being the bubble boy.

Yes. I know it's hard but you have to make these calls. He's not going to stop putting pressure on you if you just keep folding.

$20 will get you a lot of mcdoubles though...

A

aircasar9876

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U have to call. It's the only way to slow him down.

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
after getting bubble i thought so too, unbelievable that the guy who made the 20 bucks survived two all inns on the river second one against aa with a street coming up shoving 47os

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The looser the villain the looser your calling range should be , think of it this way if villain is shoving 100% of his hands then if you call him with 99% of your hands you are already shoving a profit in the long run . You are like folding
top 3% dude what are you waiting for AA or untill you get blinded out? , also
how the hell did you get so deep?

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
played solid poker with some bluffs in it, my problem was that i was second in the stakes just waited till the other two where blinded out, but unfortunaetely the guy sucked out twice, so in total i was not lucky but even unlucky i would say ^^

K

kanselau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
played solid poker with some bluffs in it, my problem was that i was second in the stakes just waited till the other two where blinded out, but unfortunaetely the guy sucked out twice, so in total i was not lucky but even unlucky i would say ^^
to get dealt JJ and 99 in BB against a big stack in SB who is running over the table is extremelly lucky , you call JJ double up , then call 99 , double up and hae a chance to take him out , and take first place not shitty third or bubble

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
so i will try my best next week ;) thanks a lot for the advice

Rappyness

Rappyness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that you should've called with the JJs or 99s because on a three having poker pair pre-flop is pretty good. We all know that the chip leader is just buying the blinds so you shouldn't have been scared man!

frigidbch

frigidbch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO having pocket pairs 4 handed would be an easy call with the aggressive villain you had.WIth someone that aggressive KQ would be in my range to call. Hindsight is 20/20 better luck next time. it's one thing to call all in and bust out bubble boy its quite another to get blinded being bubble boy.Next time pull up your boot straps and jump in. If you're gonna die,die with your boots on!(thanks to Iron Maiden for an awesome song)

P

patje356

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you must have to call if you have jj or 99 i Always call when they bet higher when you not call your change to win the freeroll is little

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes I didn't have a thing, but was almost certain you would fold the most part of your range when I shoved, because of moneybubble.

R

RealChaser74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I didn't have a thing, but was almost certain you would fold the most part of your range when I shoved, because of moneybubble.

Don't you love to abuse the money bubble. it has got me a few times but more often than not i can come from a short stack to CL just because people are afraid to be the bubble boy.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you need to call JJ and 99, if you don't call what are u going to wait? sexy AA?

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weather you should call or not actually depends on something called independent chip model, or ICM.
There are times when you should fold 99 and JJ, and wait for the other stacks to get knocked out, but most of the time you should call.

Especially since folding everything makes you scared money, and the others (chipleader) will run straight over you when they should all fear you.

RiverMeTimbers

RiverMeTimbers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to get dealt JJ and 99 in BB against a big stack in SB who is running over the table is extremelly lucky , you call JJ double up , then call 99 , double up and hae a chance to take him out , and take first place not shitty third or bubble

Yeah this is how you should have played with the villain playing so loose. In a tournament you should always change your style of play when nearing the bubble but you can't completely stop playing altogether.

quintass

quintass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I get a real pushy chip leader to my right who continually bullies me every hand,
I will call with any freaking pair just to stop the bleeding. These games are long
and hard enough without being pushed and bullied every single hand.
Eventually you have to tell yourself "enough is enough".

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

but this damn guy who won 20 bucks was so **** lucky still cant believe that ...

L

luckyhearts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jacks is an easy call...if he did not put u allin pre, he may have folded when you allin pre like you should here. If the bubble was more money, say $200 instead of 20, I may consider waiting out a loser...but usually when you do that, the loser is you.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I get a real pushy chip leader to my right who continually bullies me every hand,
I will call with any freaking pair just to stop the bleeding. These games are long
and hard enough without being pushed and bullied every single hand.
Eventually you have to tell yourself "enough is enough".
I never EVER let anyone bully me around. id call him with any ACE, any pocket pair. any broadways. Agre with you fully.
Id also like to add id be shoving any hand above average cause i wanna be stealing blinds too. screw the chip leader. you cant be a passive fish unless you wanna lose. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR lol

thailadyboy

thailadyboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would defentley shove with the pair and not let him bully me around and steal the blinds,u become the bully after that when he looses hes chips!!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would defentley shove with the pair and not let him bully me around and steal the blinds,u become the bully after that when he looses hes chips!!
agree with this and i trully love seeing the bully chip leader falling into a few monsters and becoming the short stack himslef and love it even more when i see the chip leader bubble cause he got too cocky. thats the best thing ever. lol

Lucothefish

Lucothefish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah some people just can't play bigstack, it's like the power goes to their heads...

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think of it this way if villain is shoving 100% of his hands then if you call him with 99% of your hands you are already shoving a profit in the long run .

this is heading in the right direction but not actually correct, calling with our 90th percentile hand at any reasonable stack depth is going to be hugely -EV, even v a 100% range.