Am i just a sucker or what.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today i played two 100gtd tourneys at the same time. I actually got my first quad aces against quad jacks and third guy had strait. Happen early but gave me a boost. I played in tourney one for a little over three hours and tourney two for four hours. Tried different site because fed up with ACR.

Both sitesfelt exactly the same. First thirty minutes good cards. Then everything stops and i get tons of mid cards with low card off. Bout evey two orbits i get a playable hand but not a premium. About every 80 hands i get high pocket pair or a,k. This goes on exactly the same for hours.

Now for the question. I was eliminated just before bubble on both. By exactly similar hands. So maybe im wrong would love your input. 1st tourney i get ace, jack suited. Rather short in stack compared to my table around 20bb. Table limped so i put a good raise since i went so long without a premium. All folded but one called. Flop came out j, 10,8. I bet with top pair top kicker with nut flush draw and straight draw. Guy raises so being more than half my stack i pushed all in. Guy turns over pocket pair of jacks. No streets helped.

Same exact thing happen in tourney 2 except A,Q hearts. I mean played out exactly the same. Was it bad for short stack or did i just over play the first hand i got because i think i went like 80 hands without a playable hand. I'm not to tight i have a VPIP of 23% right now.

Im starting to question my play i see. ACR has got me so frustrated. But being on a different site and still get a deuce practically every other hand is killing me. Cooler on both would you say or just bad play.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being eliminated before the bubble with a coin toss is actually not bad in my opinion. If the coin came your way in any of those situations you would have made it into the money. The cards are shuffled randomly and you have no control over what you get, but when you do get good cards you need to play them aggressively to have a chance to make it, just like you are doing now. They say that if you want to win in poker you must be willing to die.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think part of it may be your perception of the strength of the hand. Sometimes we see a hand and think only of winning. We don't consider all the possibilities. I've been learning to not only look at winning a hand. What other outcomes are there, in terms of how you get to the end state of the hand.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no representative sample to give a more accurate analysis. Sometimes it seems that all poker rooms are against you, but it only seems. The best preflop hand is not always the best postflop. It seems to you that you should always win the hand with a premium hand, but this will not always happen. And if you can overcome all these poor bitites, then the reward will not take long. I also thought that the poker room was not fair to me and tried different sites. But over time, I realized that at a distance they all give out the same cards. Only with identical cards will you win in one situation and lose in another.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many players were in those tournaments ? Getting to the bubble in both is definitely something to be proud of and build upon. The set of jacks is a tough one, especially since you had a J in your hand as a blocker and you had a combo draw. His/her raise on the wet board should have definitely indicated strength, but I'm not sure I'd be able to get away from that one either. What was your stack size and what were the shortest stack sizes ?

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At that stage of the first tournament with stack sizes and AJ and flop.
You have to get all in with top top and nut flush draw. Lot of equity there.

I have been there in the past where I am successful in the first several levels of tournament and then the card dead stretch is followed up by a cooler.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At that stage of the first tournament with stack sizes and AJ and flop.
You have to get all in with top top and nut flush draw. Lot of equity there.

I have been there in the past where I am successful in the first several levels of tournament and then the card dead stretch is followed up by a cooler.
Now this i recognize. My vpip is low but I'm no nit. I always do well navigating the loose players avoiding people with 70% vpip or higher, get chip lead then go dead. The same cycle over and over. Go 60 or more hands with mid card and low card will slow you down for sure. My tight image only goes so far. Catch a bluff or two no one believes you. Go that long dead you cant turn away a,j suited. Blinded down to short stack on table you have to take chances. Seems no matter how lucky i am on the flop im dead already. Do this pattern so many times you start to wonder.

Two things i do know my live play is great and staying away from high vpip players has almost guaranteed me to the bubble these days. Just cant get lucky and pick up some cards . :wavey: