All in or wait???

R

Rystam4uk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?[/QUOT

it seriously depends on the field because any loose player with the same amount of chis or less will most likely shove all in and hit too from experience
but in all tournaments there comes a time where you have to eventually make the decision to go all in and you want to give yourself the highest possible chance to win this hand as it could be the means to either ending your tournament or progressing to the final stages of it

go with your instincts even though sometimes this will not be enough as you still need the community cards to connect with your whole cards to win

good luck and hope that helps

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The hands, that you mentioned to me, are not strong enough for me personally. But about such questions, you also could use ICMizer to check, if it is a hand for pushing or folding. Well, maybe I would push them on late position, when I exactly knew, that there is a nitty player behind me. But definitely I would not push them over the whole table.

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rule of thumb is once you get below 10 BBS you go all in when you get a good hand. (including the community rake, what's that called again?) That's your opinion on if it is urgent or you can wait for a better.

Hi, everybody. I wonder what you think. The middle stage of the tournament, 13-15 bb should we be afraid to exhibit with a marginal hand ? (56s A5s Q9o), or still wait for a stronger hand ? In General, the question is, either the blinds will eat or wait for a strong hand?

By the way, if you are not sure any reply or comment will count as a post. I saw your new and just wanted to let you know because I was not sure. Also, check your inbox!

Last edited by a moderator:
takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
At this point I would check out the bubble, see how far away you are from being in the $. If you're back a bit then I'd go ahead and shove on an open button or the cut-off w/any pair or A10 or better, 56s and up. Then hope for a fold to scoop up the existing pot or hold on, it's off to the races.
If it seems like you could go a couple more orbits then go ahead and wait. You never know, AA just might show up.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It really matters what the other players are doing at your table, and which position you are in with each hand. A5s is a good hand when low straights are possible. Q9o is iffy at best. Suited connectors are good if you have something in the flop. If you wanna shove, wait for a pair, or AK. These are generally good shove hands. 15 BB is not too low to play carefully. The blinds do eat, but not as much as going all-in with a bad hand.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi bro,
I Believe that about the middle stage, I would wait for better to play, like big pairs, big connectors or better, and when reach the 2nd half of the tournament, I would go whit those (56s, A5s, Q9o) raising bad with position if I'm about to be caught by the blinds. But like said before all should be suitable with the table we are dealing with.
:deal:

Good hands,

[]'s

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid-tourney, all in with dubious, or ???

Mid-tourney, you know you have to make your move, all-in, or wait? third choice is a solid semi-bluff; enough to extract, without scaring, or antagonizing your enemies.
Say 810, 97, suited, preferably. You're not risking your tourney, but you are showing some strength. Know your table, if you're with an aggressive table, semi-bluff at your own peril.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont think this hands are strong... i prefer stronger hands to go on

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
13-15 BB still not very critical red zone. I would wait for a more suitable hand than the above listed hands

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer to wait for a strong hand at medium distance and a variety at early. Thanks.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I wait for a decent hand to play or push. I know sometimes waiting for a good hand while chips are shrinking can be hard to sit through but it's easier to do then to see the rest of your chips be taken by a weak hand.

R

Rystam4uk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all, I will stick to your advice. To wait for the best possible solution, only today I came to think that I might tilt when you lose it seems to be the winning hand, and the time comes now that the blinds will kill you.

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I most likely waited a couple more laps, since the stack still allows you ... your hands, very weak, to risk 13 blyde ..

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the scenario, if you have been playing tight then you should be okay to jam anything if the players aware you don't play a lot of hands they might fold more often. If you have been very active and the players expect you to jam with a wide range then you should wait for a better holding.

P

pablokap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i wait for a premium or a better hand 15bb are not so bad on that instance

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in or wait

I’ve been told when you get down to ten blinds you should pick two good cards and go all in, someplace to start,, just sayn. GL

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find that if you have shown a persona of playing tight and move in at 13-15BB and there is not a super stack behind you that can call with just about anything and not be hurt, you'll likely take a few blinds but the hands you've listed are a little on the low side maybe go up to suited connectors about 98, single gap paint and maybe A10s or higher.

:eek2::icon_smur:eek2::icon_smur:eek2::icon_smur:eek2:​

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello !!! I hope all is well. I would widen my range, since you are under 20 bb's. You don't want to get blinded out of the tournament. Especially if there are ante's. Your position is still important too. Once you get under 10 bb's, you are gonna have to shove all in with any decent hand. I hope this helps !!! Have a great weekend :cool:

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would push this only if i have position and know the kind of players that i'm facing are passive.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the type of hands that you describe, I in particular decided to play my stack after having less than 10BB that is to say I would expect a better hand than 56s Q9 or A5 with 15bb

R

Rystam4uk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dug a lot in the calculator, and came to the conclusion that if we have 4-7 BB, can be set with connectors at least 78s+ against the range (88+ and JT.. AK), we will have about 30-35% to win, I believe that the chance of 1 to 3 is worthy to be, correct if I'm wrong

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would still wait for a more confident hand .. Something like AJ or QK! Again it depends on the position and the stack!