All-in mode in start freeroll

allexanderStos

allexanderStos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play freerolls that normally start in all-in mode all get into many hands and when on a raise or 3-bet you immediately go all-in with average hands:stoned:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these type of freerolls, I play tight in the beggining cause usually the all in madness lasts only in the first levels of the tournament

allexanderStos

allexanderStos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these type of freerolls, I play tight in the beggining cause usually the all in madness lasts only in the first levels of the tournament

I too, but what's you do when you have AA, KK, QQ, JJ and three or more come in all-in before you!

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too, but what's you do when you have AA, KK, QQ, JJ and three or more come in all-in before you!

I think you just have to go for it - you should be a big favourite with these hands against players going all in with any two cards. Obviously there will be times when it doesn't go your way and one of the others hits a lucky monster but in the long run, over many tournaments, you will benefit and those early double/triple ups will really help you go deep in the tournament.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to play freerolls that normally start in all-in mode all get into many hands and when on a raise or 3-bet you immediately go all-in with average hands:stoned:

at the beginning it just goes all in with strong hands, first hour of the tournament only play with high hands!

:D

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
certainly playing free roll helps you start with your banking is super good to start from the bottom to have control in your decisions playing poker

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any all in at the beginning of the tournament is a coin flip, even with aces you can lose to any hand, there is always a risk, but poker is a game, or you agree with this reality or do something else.:)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

AA and KK I call for sure, QQ and JJ are more difficult to call a multiple all in, it will depends of the value of the freeroll

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
dude you have to go folding the hands that you think is good but not really and with KA QA JA JJ TT wait to get an AA KK QQ in position to double, doubling the chips to wait for this Delay phase to pass to be able to apply your tactics and move on in the freeroll!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most freerolls you will find this behaviour early. The more turbo the tournament the more you will see this. Most players want a quick big stack or bust so they can either cash or move on and not waste their time. I often see players who do this until they have about 6x starting stack and then they sit out and usually end up cashing. I guess they want to spend a few minutes just to cash.

The CardsChat freerolls are not like this at all. You get to actually play poker.

Like others said, play tight early on. Unless you are one of the players like above. Then good luck to you.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually when my opponents are playing wide with medium hands. I prefer to tighten my game and only play strong hands to increase my chances of passing this stage.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you stick to just strong hands early, you can usually wait that craziness out. The only time I may fold a big pocket pair early, is if there's already an all in and several calls, and I'm just not willing to go out yet. To avoid that situation of wanting to just chill and play a freeroll, but now your out in the first couple minutes, wondering what you're gonna do now.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only try to play only when I have strong cards. This is usually the best option in such cases.

P

pokeher2k9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to go allin preflop in a tournament until I'm down to around 20bb or less, or have AA or KK. Whenever I break that rule it very rarely pays off. I had an AKo busted by an A7o recently for 40bb by a whale that can't fold Ax he ended up flopping a 7.

I have more success shoving in the later stages of a tournament rather then the early stages

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight aggressive. wait for a good hand and play all in. you will be equalized with a hand weaker than your spectrum.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you intend to win a freeroll, then, due to unusual opponents, your strategy should be as follows: tight, solid, aggressive poker. Only play good starting hands. Make big raises and big bets more than in a normal game. If you have a good combination, bet, bet and bet again. If you have nothing, well, nothing can be done. Do not try to bluff.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from my point of view it is pure chance in the first levels of free tournaments, there are...

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Conventional wisdom says to adjust to the opposite of your opponent's playing style (raise aggressively vs. passive players, tighten up vs maniacs)

So in this case, the rule says to hang tight for a premium and then call one of the all-ins. I have done this before with great results, it is frustrating to get busted by some ridiculous hand but way she goes

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't know whether it's just coincidence or luck, but when I play the first hand online, I am more likely to have the winning hand.
As to freerolls, they usually have the world and his wife playing, so if you misjudge your variations and your hand, by going all in, you'll very quickly be all out.
I usually play the first hand cautiously and it also depends how many is in the hand and callers.

J

johnoman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked a similar question recently - play tight and be patient.

I had some real good advice the thread I had.

P

Powell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you say all in on the eairly tournament you will more chance arrived in the prize pool.Its work!I sometimes use this formula.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In these types of tournaments you have to depend less on luck and play tighter ... since always in the beginning they play all their chips with low or average hands. Regards.

allexanderStos

allexanderStos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you intend to win a freeroll, then, due to unusual opponents, your strategy should be as follows: tight, solid, aggressive poker. Only play good starting hands. Make big raises and big bets more than in a normal game. If you have a good combination, bet, bet and bet again. If you have nothing, well, nothing can be done. Do not try to bluff.

Nice, this week I stayed at ITM with this strategy :D