All in minus 0.3BB near/post ITM

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wrote about all in minus 1 chip before. But I think all in minus 0.3BB near/post ITM is much more valuable. Also this requires the person calling to not shove you (slim chance).

This is a comparison between two plays. A cold shove all in vs a all in minus -0.3BB. I do think the ladder would generate a higher EV play compared to a preflop all in.

(Important to note, you are calling any reshove at any point, but checking to the river if you don't have the nuts.)

Because ICM creates a situation where your few remaining chips is much more valuable than the front of your chips trying to survive the hand with some chips left is the optimal strategy.

Lets break down the benefits and cost:

- At worst you miss out 0.3BB, which effectively doesn't mean much.

But if you don't get reshove these are the benefits:

- If you get call or raise all in and you are near a ladder up. You can use your remaining timer for a ladder up, for a pay raise. I do some $50+$5 games and this is extra $5 from position 180 to 172. And that ladder up usually only takes 5 min.

- If you loose, you have 3 antes to rebuild your stack. I rebuild from .08BB to chip lead in a 1,000+ entries MTT before. 1 all in gives you more than 1BB because of antes, 2nd reshove will put you in a 3ish BB position.

- This skews HUDs play. A HUD would record this as a preflop raise, or 3-4 bet, and record the flop, turn, river as a check. It hides your aggression factor and hides your Cbet range.

- If you are near or ITM, this gives you a chance to make the money or ladder up. 3 antes is 3 hands. 3 hands sometimes are 1-2 ladder up in a big field MTT right after in the money.

- On the off chance you lose (Out of the money) and the MTT freezes/MTT cancels, you are entitled to a refund + ICM value of your chips. Whereas if you bust out your shit out of luck.

What do you think?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wrote about all in minus 1 chip before. But I think all in minus 0.3BB near/post ITM is much more valuable. Also this requires the person calling to not shove you (slim chance).

This is a comparison between two plays. A cold shove all in vs a all in minus -0.3BB. I do think the ladder would generate a higher EV play compared to a preflop all in.

(Important to note, you are calling any reshove at any point, but checking to the river if you don't have the nuts.)

Because ICM creates a situation where your few remaining chips is much more valuable than the front of your chips trying to survive the hand with some chips left is the optimal strategy.

- If you get call or raise all in and you are near a ladder up. You can use your remaining timer for a ladder up, for a pay raise. I do some $50+$5 games and this is extra $5 from position 180 to 172. And that ladder up usually only takes 5 min.

- If you loose, you have 3 antes to rebuild your stack. I rebuild from .08BB to chip lead in a 1,000+ entries MTT before. 1 all in gives you more than 1BB because of antes, 2nd reshove will put you in a 3ish BB position.

- This skews HUDs play. A HUD would record this as a preflop raise, or 3-4 bet, and record the flop, turn, river as a check. It hides your aggression factor and hides your Cbet range.

- If you are near or ITM, this gives you a chance to make the money or ladder up. 3 antes is 3 hands. 3 hands sometimes are 1-2 ladder up in a big field MTT right after in the money.

- On the off chance you lose (Out of the money) and the MTT freezes/MTT cancels, you are entitled to a refund + ICM value of your chips. Whereas if you bust out your shit out of luck.

What do you think?

Thank U 4 Posting

Well supported idea- I do think I would want to hold back as many antes as would let me see the big blind and I am not sure .9bb-.3bb held back will change villain approach to my raise.

Holding back for ladder is a good strategy. It is also possible to fold sometimes if the only player to reshove is a nit but online nits are as rare as white rhinos.

Thank you for sharing
:):)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What do you think?

Thank U 4 Posting

Well supported idea- I do think I would want to hold back as many antes as would let me see the big blind and I am not sure .9bb-.3bb held back will change villain approach to my raise.

Holding back for ladder is a good strategy. It is also possible to fold sometimes if the only player to reshove is a nit but online nits are as rare as white rhinos.

Thank you for sharing
:):)

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Curious. But I don't think tenths of the blind will decide my tournament fate very often.