Alcohol while MTTing

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low amounts of alcohol, does it help you gaming or hurts it.

Like driving it can impair your driving. It will reduce your ability for cognitive function. You will in general be slower.

But...

It can relax you in a tense situation. Being calm in tough spots counts for a lot.

So what do you think good for your game or bad for your game?

B

brightonlad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a small amount does not hinder. But may depends on experience. I guess it could make you more reckless and that may pay off or lose. Always take a break if things go south and don't chase losses. Keep your bankroll for another day :)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drank - do not disturb your bankroll
take care of your nerves[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt risk it
before you know it you do something stupid
or make a mistake and lose everything

i would just play sober unless you don't get drunk after 2-3 beers then thats fine

Seen to many stories online about people losing it all while being drunk

not a smart move to begin with.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind, do not drink alcohol at all, and especially when you have to make any decisions, and the poker game is decision making.
but if you already understand something in poker, and when drinking alcohol, you won’t start playing poker like in slot machines. then I assume that this will not greatly affect your game, and even perhaps give an unexpected experience if you start experimenting (under the influence of alcohol), that is, for example, try to bluff more often or open bluffs more often. it all depends on personal introspection.
in general, I would not recommend playing MTT under alcohol. if you really want to play, it is better to choose sng or mtt sng.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... as human beings we are ... we are all different ... for this reason some people like alcoholic drinks and others do not ... so I think the way it affects the way we play poker it will be different from each other ... being very good in some cases or very bad in others

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally alcohol does not help me play well. even when it is for small quantities. he pushes me to play too many hands and to take risks that I would normally avoid if I was not alcoholized. I think it is better to be at 100% of these capacities to make the right decisions.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would avoid any alcohol. Poker is first and foremost a game based on your ability to read your opponents and make correct mathematical decisions. Alcohol will no doubt impair these abilities and make you a losing player in the long term.

RealLez

RealLez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is an exceptionally individual moment. Someone makes it easier, someone Vice versa. But I think everyone should try it))

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly, alcohol harms both driving and playing poker, attention is dulled and we see the same situation differently and make fatal mistakes.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t drink and drive, don’t drink and play cards.
If you’re playing a home game with friends for pennies then by all means get trashed and have fun.

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't drink, because you will losse your bankroll, but I hear sometimes you can be lucky. ;)

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like you guys watch Live at the Bike? They be pouring full glasses of wine!

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can say with confidence that the bulk of money is lost in a state of alcoholic intoxication. If you drink, it is better not to play at all, but to spend time with your loved ones or those who drink with you, if you drink yourself and thereby want to justify yourself that playing under beer or whiskey is normal, there are exceptions many drag only under doping, there are a lot of people who play under drugs.

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alcohol is always harmful to any business as the general concentration is lost which leads to not quite deliberate actions.

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well ... as human beings we are ... we are all different ... for this reason some people like alcoholic drinks and others do not ... so I think the way it affects the way we play poker it will be different from each other ... being very good in some cases or very bad in others
I think the same way.
Me for example:
I like to play poker drinking beer and sometimes cachaça.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, alcohol is a performance enhancer and also not in poker. But if you are playing partly for fun, as most of us are, consuming small amounts of alcohol while playing poker is no big deal.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
well it depends a lot on the reaction of Cade player ex: I had a friend of mine who whenever he drank and played poker was expelled from the table for changing his alcohol and harming the other players at the table. but there are players who drink alcohol to relax and feel confident at the poker table in my case I don't like it very much!

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely poker and alcohol are not compatible, because the concentration of attention is lost, and the quality of decision-making.

W

Wellingtonaakkk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding alcohol in the game, I believe that it does not hinder but helps to relax, especially those who spend hours and hours playing. imagine the tension of the player and everything he knows can flow naturally in several moves. without losing focus and getting drunk from there already becomes a tremendous problem.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Don't drink and play!

Few time I was playing hangover, our CC games...and that's it :)