AKos in lp1 early in $8 triple up turbo sit and go

F

floppymcflopperson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blinds are still 10 20, only like 4 hands played so far so I have no info on these players (bovada so no hud). Utg limps, utg+1 limps, utg+2 limps, mp2 raises 5.5x (110) and mp3 just flats. I have a stong feeling I should just get out but AK os is such a strong hand. I 3bet to 320 because I felt folding was way too weak and flatting would have been weak as well. Looking back I think a flat, considering I would have relative position, would have been the best choice. Anyways, mp2 shoves and mp3 folds. I folded because I think he'd be doing that with qq-aa, aks , in which cases My best hope would be for a flip or chop way too early. What would you have done?

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In pot very more players, there is no sense to make big 3bet if you will fold vs all-in, because it is a high probability that one of the players going all-in after your 3bet. Cold call raise ( other limpers also can call and AK not best hand for multiway pot ) or fold will be awful game. Then you need to make the right size 3bet, i think min 3bet enough this around 200 chips, this big 3bet for limpers that they call you, but you can fold if first raiser or limp players shove because this shove looks very strong.

This is the most optimal line game only min 3bet in this situation.

Last edited:
PokerGrinder

PokerGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With all that action before, I would throw AK away.

But, it all depends on what you know about the players on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold, because there is a good chance that someone is going all in. Even if you would hold the best hand preflop, I wouldn't take the risk to bust that early in the tournament.

F

floppymcflopperson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I knew I should have folded. Well thanks for the feedback guys!