AKo 38bb Late Reg Closes in 6 levels (8min blinds)

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folds to HJ, rips 21bb

Button smooth calls with 98bb behind (77bb after the call)

We have 38bb with AKo in the big blind, what do we do?

HJ very loose player, vpip slightly under 30

Button vpip 21, very good player, chip leader on table

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Iff it is a bounties tournament i jam the chip leader could have been isolating himself with the other guy.
Iff is not a bounties tournament, for me there are only 2 choises jamming or folding,calling with a AKo is a terrivel mistake, and the one i like the most is folding in there ussually calling is a very strong hand and he is trying to drag more peaple into the hand by guiving them good odds to call.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folds to HJ, rips 21bb

Button smooth calls with 98bb behind (77bb after the call)

We have 38bb with AKo in the big blind, what do we do?

HJ very loose player, vpip slightly under 30

Button vpip 21, very good player, chip leader on table

AK is a good hand but when you are getting so many actions from people with deeper stack than you you can just take no risk and fold it, but if I was ok with rebuy in those levels i would go all-in,

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i jam pre with ak here. note: i don't run huds, so this is all from personal experiences being in similar situations.

ak is ahead of hj's jamming range and likely ahead of btn's flatting range as well. we block aa, kk combinations in btn's range and could likely expect a 3bet from 99+ to isolate with the hj. not saying it's impossible for btn to flat with a big pair in this spot, just unlikely. if you are a really loose player that has a wide squeeze jam range, then they might flat with aqs+, 99+. so, i'd expect weaker ace hands like a10-ajs, aqo, a2s-a5s, suited broadways, middle pairs, etc type of hands in this spot. hands that can flat but not feel comfortable jamming to isolate, especially with a 38 bb stack behind them. if they have hand like a5s or 55, they might be able to find a fold facing a jam.

given that, i think ak is just too strong to fold. btn just doesn't have a hand here majority of the time and we're a likely a slight favorite vs both ranges. or, if we aren't, we aren't too far of an underdog. with 38 bbs and a chance to more than double up, i'm willing to take thin edges in this spot.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we rip 38bb with AKo

HJ had 910o

Button had AKcc

We chop HJ chips with Ace High