If have raise before, what do you do?

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on size of raise and who opponent is, and how deep we are, and if we have any $ pressure on us.

Usually call though, occasionally 3bet.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message -2

Depends what game I play, if the tournament is increased three times, if the blinds are high then 2.2-2.5 times and if both call then you need to be wary of the increase needed just when he caught two pair or a full house and only have to call and see if all the Bank will go, and you can lose all the chips it is better to throw if I'm not sure that bluffing can catch the trio sitting with a pair of jacks, pair of aces with a higher kicker, and so on. In General it is necessary to be vigilant and then everything will be fine.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call and see if you connect with the flop and go from there.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look very reserved play on the situation, if the stack is still the answer.

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything always depends on the table.. players, aggression, stack size..
it you connect with the flop like whosdaboss said.. go from there

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many of the answers will depend on the position and the well being played. However, it's my favorite hand so always strong game

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is a weak hand against push, so I'll make a pass at the raise.

M

mrmb97

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depend on how many player left ( have short stack or not because they can push if the pot is big even they have 2-7 off )

And read action
There is no right play in poker
Anything is right if you win

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vs very tight player: fold / Vs Normal player: Call / Vs Loose player: 3bet

I agree with this mostly, my play will change vastly from opponent to opponent. Stack size will also be an important factor, both my own and my opponents. Many different variables will factor into my decision, but for a general overall strat I think the above is pretty spot on and likely +EV

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 bet with position, without position fold

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much depends on the opponent, but more often it will be a Call

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the size of the bet, the opponent, the stage of the tournament, AJ of is not a premium hand but it is a very good hand if the conditions are right I think I would play it

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most of the things others here pointed out that you should consider like stack sizes, opponent's tendencies, etc. But, I don't agree with the idea of raising. First, folks who say raise probably haven't thought through their strategy. Why raise in this situation? Are you trying to induce a fold? If so you will have to put in a large raise to try and push the other player off his hand. Even if he just calls you have so much in the pot already you are probably heading for an all in. Not a good plan with AJ off. And, what if the other player responds to your raise with a shove? With AJ you are going to fold. So, either way, raising is a bad play.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If have raise before, what do you do?
Its all player dependent and table dynamics.
Is the raise from a LAG or TAG player, what types of players are left to act?
There is never just one definitive way to play a certain hand from a certain position where the outcome will always be positive.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in general I call with AJ off position.for me it's a weak hand that does not deserve that I take a big risk apart if I have a good reason. the size of the pot or the identity of the player but me higher can push me to play this hand differently but it is unlikely.

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with position I would probably end up calling, maybe a 3bet depending on the player and their playstyle. Out of position I would probably resort to the more nit approach and fold it. Tough call without info on the villians, stack depth, close to making money, etc. lots of variables that could possibly sway the decision.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the stage of this tournament, what size is your stack, your position, and the images the villains has. It's a great hand in late position and facing passive players

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Much depends on the opponent, but more often it will be a Call

I have to agree to just pay, I particularly like this hand and with her aggressive play.

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to think this hand was very strong, now I play it carefully. In such a situation, if you do not take into account the size of the stacks, you would often play through the stake to stay in position and not increase the pot. After the flop and picks up the opponent already.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend, what's your stack, another player raise or call before you, players is tight or loose.

F

flytohi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on your stack size and action
Folds to you 20bb+, open up
Fold to you 15bb< stuff it in their faces

Raise and a 3bet? kick it to the trash.
Raise to you? 3bet and play in position(fold to a 4bet because who bluffs OOP without a crazy strong hand)

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the adversary, my historico with him of the position that he is, more usually is call or 3bet

K

KuprinMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Incorrect question. You did not specify the most important thing - stacks of players and your own.