Aggressive villain

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! When playing in a tournament at pokerstars, I came across a villain whose stack was 5-6 times bigger than that of the players, he answered 3-5 bet to any bet and it’s not his hand the flop-turn-river brought his card as ordered, goes all-in 66 KK and AQs answer him and ... lose. I read that it’s better not to play against such ones, but if it's a cache, you can go out, but when the tournament and blends your stack is guzzling, and the villain plays in 8 distributions out of 9, this is impossible, I couldn’t take my nerves, I went against the all-in villain with KQs and ... lost 6 7 o.I have no experience playing with such aggressors and I want to ask advice on how to play in a similar situation? Regards, Sergey.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! When playing in a tournament at PokerStars, I came across a villain whose stack was 5-6 times bigger than that of the players, he answered 3-5 bet to any bet and it’s not his hand the flop-turn-river brought his card as ordered, goes all-in 66 KK and AQs answer him and ... lose. I read that it’s better not to play against such ones, but if it's a cache, you can go out, but when the tournament and blends your stack is guzzling, and the villain plays in 8 distributions out of 9, this is impossible, I couldn’t take my nerves, I went against the all-in villain with KQs and ... lost 6 7 o.I have no experience playing with such aggressors and I want to ask advice on how to play in a similar situation? Regards, Sergey.

Hi in my experience it always depends on the tournament stage situation was it just starting ? close to the bubble? but if was me playing I think I would have waited a better hand like at leas pocket nines plus cause that way I have at least a pair to cross again whatever crazy hand he has in those moment you just need to be a little more patient and if you know that hes pushing like 90% of hands I think I would risk my tourney life at with this range 99+ AQs+AKo... also if he 3 betting a lot i would only limp with decent hands like KQs and call his raise to see the flop if i connect maybe also a strategy

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve noticed lately there have been a couple of players in the CardsChat freerolls that are jamming with any two cards. The unfortunate thing is that they always manage to suck out and build a big stack where they can afford to lose with these crap calls. I have them marked and won’t play pots with them unless I have a monster hand. Unfortunately this doesn’t always work. Yesterday I busted after hitting trip Jacks and got my all in called and he caught a two outer 5 on the river. In fairness, he isn’t as bad as some others but it’s frustrating to lose this way. So my opinion is to stay away unless you have the nuts or are short that you have to make a move.

Best of luck

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve noticed lately there have been a couple of players in the CardsChat freerolls that are jamming with any two cards. The unfortunate thing is that they always manage to suck out and build a big stack where they can afford to lose with these crap calls. I have them marked and won’t play pots with them unless I have a monster hand. Unfortunately this doesn’t always work. Yesterday I busted after hitting trip Jacks and got my all in called and he caught a two outer 5 on the river. In fairness, he isn’t as bad as some others but it’s frustrating to lose this way. So my opinion is to stay away unless you have the nuts or are short that you have to make a move.

Best of luck

+1 You don't want to be "gambling" with a player like this if you don't have to do so. If you believe to be the better player, then you can be selective with your hands you choose to play and fold the rest. Sometimes you have to play with these players though. I would feel confident getting in a solid hand and if I lose to a suckout, then it isn't fun, but it was a good play long-term and you can't feel bad about it.

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I think in your case the best way is to play aggressively, because even a person who has a big stack may get scared (especially if it's a cache game). Therefore, my advice to you is to play more aggressively (it helps me personally in tournaments)

Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's part of the field.. normally micro limits you find lots of players that does exactly like you said.. they don't really care about being profitable or taking right decisions, some of them just wanna have fun and have a nice time!
My tip for you is just to go all in against those guys only with top of your range AA and KK.. even with QQ sometimes is better not get involved... Especially if its the begging of the tournament, you should avoid those situations,
And remembe, you don't win a tournament with one hand, so sometimes a nice fold is what it takes to keep you alive

alexand8r

alexand8r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! When playing in a tournament at PokerStars, I came across a villain whose stack was 5-6 times bigger than that of the players, he answered 3-5 bet to any bet and it’s not his hand the flop-turn-river brought his card as ordered, goes all-in 66 KK and AQs answer him and ... lose. I read that it’s better not to play against such ones, but if it's a cache, you can go out, but when the tournament and blends your stack is guzzling, and the villain plays in 8 distributions out of 9, this is impossible, I couldn’t take my nerves, I went against the all-in villain with KQs and ... lost 6 7 o.I have no experience playing with such aggressors and I want to ask advice on how to play in a similar situation? Regards, Sergey.

Based on your information, I think he is a very aggressive opponent. Such players try to take a lot of banks and the only good way to fight against them is your best cards (broadway pairs). Yes, when you have a strong advantage, try to check or minimal bet, but check will better. He will think that you have bad cards and raise, at this time you can re-raise.

In such cases, these players are not used to giving up. They will go to the end and can put all money (madness). You can call his all-in and win the pot. This simple tactic is called slowplay.

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say play only the nuts when facing an overwhelming big stack, cause in tourneys I notice that the algorithm rewards the big stack above 66% of the time and that is why you get erratic , aggressive players. I tried it with a decent stack just playing everything and bloomed fast, but got cautious and greedy at the wrong time(on a new table)and then lost to: the bigger stack, and a bad beat at that, he made a straight flush and didnt even need it. You will notice that the algorithm gets so silly that they overdo the beats.

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I play with an aggressive opponent I’m hardly bluffing over them, I start a fold tournament with bad hands

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when a player is seated in the correct chair and touches all of those cards. I avoid playing against him unless I have a max hand. in general against this profile. you have to be very patient and wait until the variance is no longer on your side. it is only when he begins to lose his stack that I allow myself to play against him.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The way I play against a very aggressive player depends on several factors, among them: my intuition, stage of the tournament, if I manage to capture something about this player, but mainly in which stage of the tournament this player is, many times I just arm myself with a lot of patience and I wait for that right moment, but I must also take into account how many chips I have at that moment, many times I have had to take risks because with the amount of chips I have it is not enough to continue in play, at any time you can find players of this type I'm not very used to facing them all the time, it all depends on how I know about each play, it is not easy to face them