Advice?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So a hand quickly that got me busted near the bubble 4 places away from money!
Blinds 600/1200 ante 120 my stack is like 28000!
I on the big blind blind picked up Q8 suited.
Now the thing is that whenever i reach money bubblr or deep in the tourney i become very aggressive trying to steal pots if i think players are weak.
So player from utg with same stack as me limped and another player from cutoff also limped and button also limped so did the sb.
So 4 players limped and 4 folded.
Now i on the BB thought this of it as a perfect opprtunity to steal a 8000 pot.
So i went all in with my 25 bigs stack.
Player who limped from utg called with his A9 suited and others folded.
Board didnt help me so he/she won with ace high.
So i busted 3 places away from money.
What should i do in theese spots?
And what could i have done better?
Please help me.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your decision to shove blind [preflop] with Q8 suited was extremely unwise, you knew that there were four limpers in the hand.
Did you not even for a moment, think to yourself that there may be a Trapper in one of those four limpers?
There are a lot of poor players online, but there are quite a few very good players who put themselves in positions to take all the chips from players like you.
STOP, THINK, ACT, but the key point is "THINK"

As far as your lack of self-control, only you can deal with this issue.

Last edited:
seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your decision to shove blind [preflop] with Q8 suited was extremely unwise, you knew that there were four limpers in the hand.
Did you not even for a moment, think to yourself that there may be a Trapper in one of those four limpers?
There are a lot of poor players online, but there are quite a few very good players who put themselves in positions to take all the chips from players like you.
STOP, THINK, ACT, but the key point is "THINK"

As far as your lack of self-control, only you can deal with this issue.
Do you think utg trapped me with his A9?

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part in a Tourney is getting through the bubble especially when you have only 25Big Blinds many players recommand to avoid getting involved in big pots during bubble time

R

RobQQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with 4 callers

With 4 callers I would have just limped in to. With that many callers someone for sure was going to call you down and the possibility that someone had an ace was very good. I think that close to the money I would have waited for a better hand and might not even risked all my chips. Its about making the money first then trying to get better rank in the tournament. then finally winning it all. I just would have waited until i made the money before i took high risk.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Close to the bubble the pool often starts limping hands that they want to induce a jam with like AA or AK. So I wouldn't try and steal with you Q8s - just take the free flop.

You opponent wasn't trapping but just happened to donk call their A9.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more limpers the more likely they are to call. Also be careful of trying to steal with shove when someone limps under the gun. A lot of people Limp strong under the gun to try to get people to shove. Obviously A-9 isn't a great hand so the UTG person probably shouldn't have called but just note that they're often more likely to call especially if they got u covered by a lot.

I don't think the play you made was that bad but it was risky. If you sucked out or got them all to fold it woulda got u a bunch of chips. You can't really be afraid of missing ITM because barely making ITM is not where you make money in tournaments anyways.