Adjustments against LAG VPIP/PFR 55/25 on left (late tourney)

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px 'Helvetica Neue'; min-height: 14.0px} How do you adjust your game when players with a vpip and pfr around 55/25 are to your left.

Player is calling any raise with any suited and/or connected cards, opening those hands regardless of position and 3 betting all in with most pocket pairs or suited aces. This type of player consistently donks flop and/or re-raises c-bets on flops with air. I hate risking my entire stack against these guys. but, if I get into a hand with these lag monkeys i need to be willing to play for my entire stack and in some spots re-shove on a ragged board with ace high. These are the guys i have a super tough time not paying off when the board is wet and he jams when i have a TPTK type of hand.

I have a particular problem against these opponents when we're late into the tourney and average stack is somewhere around 13-15 bbs. If i raise a hand like 88 and expect to get jammed on 25% of the time by the lag monkey on my left...I'd rather just wait and get my chips in in a lower variance spot...but i need to be raising those hands (especially when 7-8 handed) I however have a such a tough time calling those small(er) stack shoves with my 99, 88, 77, or AJs even Aqo type hands. In the late stages of the steps you HAVE TO be applying pressure to win blinds but when i'm always getting called down by a station and then re-raised after most c-bets I feel like i can't correctly raise pre-flop like i generally would against more straightforward opponents.

Would love to hear how you adjust your game to these type of opponents in late tourney spots.

*note: this question pertains specifically to ACR's venom tourney steps where a large amount of the player pool advances to the next step. In these games players have more incentive to play tighter rather than risk loosing a bbig enough chunk of their stack to jeopardize their life in the tourney; in these games there are spots where you can profitably fold AA and KK preflop. It always feels gross though

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would love to hear how you adjust your game to these type of opponents in late tourney spots.
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I think it is better to go all in or fold against these opponents keeping the gap concept in mind good luck.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a bit hard to answer with out knowing your tourney equity and the effective stack sizes but, you can try raising bigger for value if he is really 3betting a lot, you can 3bet him light, and you can nash shove on him.