Add on???

X

xBonkar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello fellows,
New member here, im currently grinding some hyper-turbo satelites for anniversary sunday storm on pokerstars. The structure is simple 0.55$ buy in 10.000 starting chips 1 rebuy 10.000 available for the first 30minutes 1 add-on 10.000 after rebuy period ends (both rebuy and add-on for 0.55$). I insta-rebuy on the first hand as i consider its absolutely EV+. But how about the add-on? After rebuy ends i might find myself having from 10.000 stack :( to 100.000 chips :cool: .. Is worthy to add on everytime no matter your stack?

Thanks in advance :):)

B

BreakTheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always get the add-on unless I'm so deep it doesn't even make sense. The way I see it though, is that little bit extra could keep you from going broke.

C

cjhanas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually the add-on is a smart choice, but too deep or too low, and it doesn't make sense, as you're just postponing the inevitable...

X

xBonkar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for answering, the thing is that in this one i have noticed that the add on, the 10k chips, are more or less 8-9 BB

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I play in the satellites of this tournament for 0.33. I have never been selected yet))) but in general I like deep stacks.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is ten percent of your total stack. But it does not matter, more important is number of blinds.. There is the answer to your question.

X

xBonkar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is ten percent of your total stack. But it does not matter, more important is number of blinds.. There is the answer to your question.
I think you misunderstood.. I mean sometimes when i get to decide if i add on or not i might have 10.000chips(short stack) or 100.000(big stack) Thats the question is add on worthy when im short stack, when im medium stack, when im big stack, always or never? ☺

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you misunderstood.. I mean sometimes when i get to decide if i add on or not i might have 10.000chips(short stack) or 100.000(big stack) Thats the question is add on worthy when im short stack, when im medium stack, when im big stack, always or never? ☺
Yes, I did not understand the question (I use translator). But the answer is similar. How many BB have in addon for that money? If you are satisfied with the number of BB that you get then it's worth regardless of the size of the stack. My opinion :)

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's better to add-on!

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are really good that you think that you can get to the rewards then use add on. If you are weak with chips, better not to add. Why spending money.

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Id have to say itd first depend on my bankroll. If I'm tight Id have to think hard. Secondly, how many players are left and where would the add-on leave me in the ranks.

B

biops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello fellows,
New member here, im currently grinding some hyper-turbo satelites for anniversary sunday storm on pokerstars. The structure is simple 0.55$ buy in 10.000 starting chips 1 rebuy 10.000 available for the first 30minutes 1 add-on 10.000 after rebuy period ends (both rebuy and add-on for 0.55$). I insta-rebuy on the first hand as i consider its absolutely EV+. But how about the add-on? After rebuy ends i might find myself having from 10.000 stack :( to 100.000 chips :cool: .. Is worthy to add on everytime no matter your stack?

Thanks in advance :):)

I think that are 3 things to help your decision on rebuy: your bankroll, your stack and the stacks of your opp... if you're deep stacked , i dont think its needed to add on, if you're short and your bankroll allows you, then you should add. And if your stack its pretty similar to your opp's, i think here its a good addon...

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can see adding on in a real money buy in if it seems like it may give a player a better chance of cashing or even winning a tourney. What I don't understand is the people that add on in a freeroll.:D:D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the blinds at when the add-on comes into play?

prox

prox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an extra chance to win the tournament. :)

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adding on is always a good desicion in my opinion unless you are super deep stack with iver 150bb because than the addon wouldnt make much of a difference to your stack.

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree it's worthwhile when you are medium stacked, but no point if you are super deep. Short stack is a toss up, how likely is it going to help you double up and keep going for the ticket?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are fooling yourself with these actions? :) Is it right to start playing with the advantage? I would advise to move away from this strategy game..

I never use rebuy or addon :(

Edvardas

Edvardas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do has many rebuys and addons as needed/posible. I also calculate the medium buy in of the tournament as at least 4x inicial buy in in terms of bankroll control.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually add on if there's an option otherwise you are at a disadvantage to other players who add on. Why would you want to put yourself at a disadvantage. You don't want to miss out on being in the money because you didn't add on.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see the need for add-on if it's 1/10 of your stack, if I understood correctly.

B

blackbill44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that situation if i have less than 75 blinds i always make the add-on! if you are deeper than 75 BB is pointless to add-on!

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I have a mid pack stack, ill add-on for sure. deep not so much and short stack no.