Action folding to small blind?

seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have this problem whenever deep in tourney if i am on the small blind and action folds to me preflop i dont know what to do if i am with okay hands or marginal also like 78off or 10Qsuited.
I never give BB a walk if i am short stavked or deep stacked or if opponent on BB is short or deep.
Recently i busted deep in tourney few places away from money as i didnt gave BB a walk and tried to triple barrel them for my whole stack and ended up getting called and busted.
I would really love advice from tourney grinders what should i do in theese spots?

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To start you can open up pretty wide from SB, but if you notice the player to your left playing back a lot tighten up.

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It'll very by whose on the BB, obviously you can't shove or raise 100% of the hands but you don't want to fold 95% either. Feel out the v and try to find a range that gives you the best chances against that player.

Wiltz82

Wiltz82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm like you and I don't like the BB to just walk off with free money, but it always depends on how the person is playing. I would maybe try and raise if just to see if you can get him to fold if no one else is in.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If all players folded to you preflop and you have a decent hand and the BB is short and tight you can just open 3-4 big blinds that will be fair to get the blinds without any resistance// if BB is enough deep just limp/call and see if you can connect to the flop so you start Aggression or you set him a trap check/Shove but if you have a marginal hand don't even think to bluff the BB unless he is folding a lot of hands preflop that will be a waste of chips to shove marginal hands and loose a piece of your stack.
Near the money you should tighten up and play cautiously tighten up the maximum because of short stacks who will try to double up it's always after the buble burst that we get the max value from some marginal hands like A-X and suited connectors that's the Bubble release effect once ITM players with short stack will shove low pairs and garbage Aces that's when you start rebuilding your stack.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything depends on the action on the table, the rivals, the blinds, etc

Folding in Poker