ACR OMAHA HI/LO tourney

D

dragon88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing Omaha8 for more than 20yrs I have read books by Sammy Fahah Doyle and the rest of the gang. Recently i started playing the tourneys at ACR.

Out of 20 tourneys the best i could do was Third place 2wice...When dealt a premium hands.
I would always get outdrawn or my A23 hands never would produce a low. I am suspecting that their Omaha hi/los are rigged any opinion would be helpful.

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No the game is not rigged it is however tough to play you will get countered a lot with hand like A234 and other good hands and the game can be brutal sometimes but if you know when to fold and when your countered and when to stay when your not this game is very rewarding.
It is so rewarding that when you know how to play you can be unstoppable and just about to the point where you can take every chip from the table unstoppable.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are playing the $7.70 nightly PLO8 tourney good Luck ! Lot's of crazy -ev play all the way down to the final. I won that several times when it 1st started but since started to play online again after a 3 year break and playing in maybe 10 times I'd say it's a carp shoot ( I did get one 2nd)- the overall play is horrible !! Some good OSS plo8 events coming up.. Good Luck

Should have spell checked that last reply ..note don't reply or post at 5am :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

giacomolarocco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
choice

I have been playing Omaha8 for more than 20yrs I have read books by Sammy Fahah Doyle and the rest of the gang. Recently i started playing the tourneys at ACR.

Out of 20 tourneys the best i could do was Third place 2wice...When dealt a premium hands.
I would always get outdrawn or my A23 hands never would produce a low. I am suspecting that their Omaha hi/los are rigged any opinion would be helpful.

hold'em if your try'in to make money..........omaha hi/lo for pure entertainment !!!:dancing2:

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see any sign the games are rigged....just a heck of lot more variance than holdem. I've had lots of broadway card hands only to see low cards on the flop and,like you, I've seen the reverse a lot too. I think the main feature I see in Omaha8 games is how difficult it is to get players to fold after the flop. It is just too easy for all the players in the hand to grab a piece of the board. Many lose more chips as a result but often the original raiser sees his hand counterfeited on the turn or river when his opponent(s) make a better hand.

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer PLO. I liked hi/lo more at first but I realized that it's actually easier in PLO for me, maybe try that.