Acr cc freeroll... strange thing happened

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So last night during the Acr freeroll, something weird happened....
As the field shrunk, as usual, the tables were consolidated. As I moved to the next table, it sat me in the big blind position where there was a current hand in progress. So, naturally I thought I would be posting the small blind like every other tournament I’ve ever been in online at any site.
Nope!!!! It made me wait until the button had passed me???????
Now, I’m a cash player too and this is normal for cash games but never tournaments.
As I was happy I got out of paying the blinds, it didn’t seem right and now I’m wondering if it’s was a glitch or if this is normal for ACR tournaments.
Anyone know the answer????
Also, how do we feel about this?

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is always how the ACR Tournaments work. I really never gave it much thought. I have not played online in a long time and when I started back it was on ACR.

C

ccres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's normal for ACR Tournaments. I like it, you can get screwed if you're short stacked and get table swapped right in to the blinds.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love how ACR does their tournament table movements.I won a $109 sat just by luck of table movement.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is normal for any tournament.

Maybe it’s the new normal. I don’t ever remember this being a normal thing. It gives an advantage to players in transition to new tables, especially in the middle to late stages. But, thanks Dakota, at least I know it’s a normal thing for ACR.[emoji106]

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is normal for any tournament.

It sure is, but I don't think that pokerstars has incorporated the "Dead Small" or "Dead Button" concepts yet. When you're sitting at a table and the hand that will be the SB or Button the next hand is eliminated, that space is ignored. Sometimes, you avoid your BB! At least, that\s how it was the last time I noticed. AFAIK, the other sites I play at (ACR, BOL, 888, PP) all incorporate "correct" table movement and "deads".

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe it’s the new normal. I don’t ever remember this being a normal thing. It gives an advantage to players in transition to new tables, especially in the middle to late stages. But, thanks Dakota, at least I know it’s a normal thing for ACR.[emoji106]

I think the idea is that it takes away the disadvantage for the players (new to the table or not). My old local cardroom (RIP) used to simply move the new player from exactly the same position on his old table, leaving only deads on the table being taken from to be dealt with if necessary.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, every room handles it differently, obviously it's unavoidable. best countermove is to always have enough chips when villains start to fly like pigs.In general, sometimes it helps, sometimes you loose. You will only remember the times you lost, that's poker!

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not think it is normal.Not see on PokerStars ever happend that situation,but normal for 888.

shikah

shikah

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
same thing for me with acr, a few times now i have been short stacked and almost 'the fat lady' but have managed to beat the bubble by being moved tables 3 times and each time missing the blinds completely, that's 3 times per occasion.

rckstr2b

rckstr2b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
same thing for me with acr, a few times now i have been short stacked and almost 'the fat lady' but have managed to beat the bubble by being moved tables 3 times and each time missing the blinds completely, that's 3 times per occasion.

Yeah that just seems wrong to me. In most tournaments, every player pays every blind or ante no matter if you’re moved or not. That way no one gets an advantage