ACR $.50 - On Demand

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to build my bankroll with minimum cost, since the freerolls are not available yet. But this is a crap shoot. There is no poker strategy being played, you either go all in or lose your chips to BBs. Does anyone else play this particular tournament? If so, have you ever won and what was your strategy to win? I find this to be pretty much a game of luck.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only on poker star. I consider that spin and go are the best way to mount a banckroll. not only we play against two other players but in addition we can achieve good gains through the multiplier.je also plays on MTT but especially more cash game. we must respect the rules. ie the positions and raises of your opponents. you have to have a good reading of games and a good idea of the strength of your cards on each spot. In the short term, everyone can win, but someone who practices is more likely to go far. A player's skill is predominant over luck, at least in the Texas Hold'em No Limit variant.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it,s better to look for another tournaments, because 500 people for $50 freeroll is really cheap. It,s hard to win anything in this and most of the times you will just waste your time.
You can find lots of good freerolls at 888poker.

G

Goonsquad1217

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it,s better to look for another tournaments, because 500 people for $50 freeroll is really cheap. It,s hard to win anything in this and most of the times you will just waste your time.
You can find lots of good freerolls at 888poker.
Problem is most people playing ar acr can't play at 888. Most American at least.

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
All hyper turbo tournaments are more dependent on building chips at the start. There is no better tomorrow than tomorrow. Some hands with A2 A3 A4 K9 K 10 should be considered. If you are looking for the best quality when it is consumed by bbs.

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to build my bankroll with minimum cost, since the Freerolls are not available yet. But this is a crap shoot. There is no poker strategy being played, you either go all in or lose your chips to BBs. Does anyone else play this particular tournament? If so, have you ever won and what was your strategy to win? I find this to be pretty much a game of luck.
I've won 3 and made the money in 5 more. that's 8 for 16. overall I'm ahead in the money balance. About 12-14$
I played tight tight tight tight
and aggressive with big hands, passive with small ones to catch the flop
but tight aggressive is the winning combination for sure

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My advice is not to play them. They are a bit of a joke to be honest. I they only would double the starting stack they could be very playable but at this point i am not playing them.

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive played in a few of these tourneys
very hard to come into the money
glad i can play on ACR and 888 my best 2 sites.

R

RiverKing422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes it is very simple to win the micro tournaments, but theyre are lot of people that just dump there chips away because its a micro stake, the high you play, the better the play will be. try joining your 5-10 tournaments and youll see its much different

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A possible winning/break-even strategy

this is a crap shoot. There is no poker strategy being played, you either go all in or lose your chips to BBs. Does anyone else play this particular tournament? If so, have you ever won and what was your strategy to win? I find this to be pretty much a game of luck.

I do agree this particular event is quite luck based. I have played in roughly 10-20 of them and cashed in about 10 of them. I think I have final tabled 4 coming in 2nd twice and won only once.

The nature of the event dictates that you win early with the blinds increasing quickly.

I tend to play a little loose early since the blinds are low, as long as the maniacs are not shoving every hand. Their are always several who risk tourney life shoving loose, and if they bust they just re-buy.

Playing loose early in this particular event = playing any suited connectors, suited one gappers and small pocket pair - from any position.

I ONLY min-raise "Preflop" ever. Yes this might be a negative strategic play to get info on where an opponent might be, but it tends to keep the pre-flop pot smaller, so I can get out cheaply if shoved on, or fold to a flop big bet if I miss the board.

Play premiums as you would normally, 3-4x raise is fine, but if you get multiple callers you risk bust out in one hand if you are called and miss the board, and float a cbet.

Fit or fold on the flop is a pretty good strategy imo for these. Only call shoves with pocket Qs or bigger. A/K is speculative, and if more than one person is shoving/calling a pre-flop shove - a player might consider folding. I can't :frown: but you might. Folding and realizing you might have won the pot is sick, but you are still alive and can pick another spot to chip up.

Late - it's a shove-fest - as you are obviously aware - fold all except premiums and play tight situationally. It is difficult to play connectors because most play is preflop, very little post flop play. If you play connectors and can get in cheap - do it. If you miss the flop and face a cbet - it's risky to continue. But the payoff could be huge if you hit.

Position is VERY important late in these events.

Lastly - I pay very close attention to ALL the hand and take LOTS of notes. Take notes on everyone. You will be able to see;
- Who folds on the flop when they miss.
- Who checks it back when they hit top pair.
- Who shoves light.
- Who continues with draws.
- Who donk bets when they miss.
- Who donk bets when an Ace hits the flop - and they DON'T have an Ace.
- Who min-bets with 2nd-3rd pair on the flop.
- Who are calling stations with draws and baby pairs.

Watch EVERY hand play out - and collect intel. All this info is very valuable in the current and future games of this nature. :)

Last edited:
theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot to mention - if you'd rather play some real poker instead of luck/bingo fests - consider freezeout events instead. Their is no rebuy and people play more like the money is important, because if they bust they are done.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is the main mtt i play in at acr. i have a pretty good roi i think if sharkscope means anything playing mostly the $0.50 at acr. i tend to join later with about 3 levels left and i'll either double or get ko'ed. more often than not i am doubling up and then trying to play my usual game. my hourly is terrible, but i'm not playing poker to even rely on as a side income venture. the $0.50 can get extremely frustrating if you're on a losing streak so i do write notes because if i come across the same players, i have a slightly better chance.