ABC poker, or not?!

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, i've read a few books and watched many guides about poker, and i thought that in freerolls and microlimit MTT's the best tactic is ABC poker, but i've seen that some players don't do it, they play without position and cards and get good combinations, i thought that it's just a luck, but i've seen that even poker pro's do it in big tournaments such as wsop.
What's your thoughts about it?

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
simple, especially in freerolls, a bunch of players play any 2 cards, with thinking that any 2 cards will/can win at any given time.
Sometime they get lucky to kick few other players, but in a long run, they will lose a lot, with that mentality.
Now, if you stick to ABC, and play it TAG, you will learn to open up more and make other moves.
But, for beginners, if they just start, and keep emotions low and under control, and stick to ABC, they may turn profitable in a long(er) run.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ABC is out the window dude. You have to adapt to each situation. People play basically any two in any position so now you have to figure out a way to exploit that, GL

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with above post. If everyone played ABC, whoever was dealt the best cards would win and it wouldn't be a game of skill at all, just luck.

If you're a beginner, you will have to start out ABC to learn and get a feel for the game. As you progress, you will learn tips and tricks on how to adapt to win more blinds and pots without always having the best hand or being in position and getting the most value out of your monsters.

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Professionals play any two cards when assured that they will not have to open. You have to understand that they are studying well those with whom they are bluffing. They have a reputation, and they calculate the distribution.