BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi everyone!! In PS, a lot has been happening to me lately that when the bubble is about to break, they throw my hands at me and it ends up happening that I am facing at least one other good hand. I am one of those who believes that these hands should not happen so often, especially the AA vs KK type that will always be a hand that ends with the chips of both players on the table. On some occasions I have decided to fold KK, QQ or AK for example for the simple fact that I am 99% sure that I can be eliminated. I do not write this because I am a bad loser, in fact I care very little because the next day I will continue playing, but this not only happens to me but I see that it happens frequently to other players. My question is, would you retire with that type of hands only to enter ITM?

Last edited:
CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ITM?

I would answer yes to your query about folding just to get In the money, however I seem to forget that in actual practise...Time and time again I spend an hour or more and finally get to the final table or just about the final table and sure enough I catch high pocket pairs or Big Slick and sure enough I end up all in and lose to a hand that should never have been played. Not a sore loser either but I do get frustrated and discouraged at times...see you at the tables..
PS>..happens more on pokerstars than any other site..:):):)

R

Rybod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone!! In PS, a lot has been happening to me lately that when the bubble is about to break, they throw my hands at me and it ends up happening that I am facing at least one other good hand. I am one of those who believes that these hands should not happen so often, especially the AA vs KK type that will always be a hand that ends with the chips of both players on the table. On some occasions I have decided to fold KK, QQ or AK for example for the simple fact that I am 99% sure that I can be eliminated. I do not write this because I am a bad loser, in fact I care very little because the next day I will continue playing, but this not only happens to me but I see that it happens frequently to other players. My question is, would you retire with that type of hands only to enter ITM?

I find myself in the same situations , bubble is a time I play tight and fold in the same all in, even if I have a top hand. you will get people that go in with 10 5 off suit in the same spot.

i dont play to gamble, i play to learn and win.

In that situation, i would only go all in if I had the AA only. and really close to bubble.

unless i am really short stacked, then that changes sometimes.

I ALWAYS hit players that call an all in, or go all in on a gamble. odds are in your favor and probably still the right call to be in.

but sometimes you loose. the times you loose sticks out, but likely you win a lot too

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I do since when entering the itm several players play aggressive trying to steal the blinds and go all in with ugly friends but sometimes they end up winning the same way that happened to me with a pair of AA or KK I lost with everything

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

While I am all for making big folds when they make sense, in this situation, a huge amount of the time, folding K-K, QQ is a fairly large error. And never before the flop.
If the flop has a straight or flush possibilities for my opponent, and they bets into me, then I will fold my AA KK QQ AK

Bad beats are part of the game.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi everyone ! Today is a new day and I realized that yesterday maybe I was a little tilt due to the situation of being a bubble and I wrote the hot post, but a friend gave me a video of mental game, which is something that I had incorporated a long time ago but when I have a bad streak for a long period I forget. I think the game should be analyzed from the moment we execute a move, if the move is correct and we have the expected result, such as ending up all in against a pre-flop opponent, I think we should not get mad if we receive a badbeat, since that our game will be the best that can be achieved and we should be very happy about this and leave the final result aside. in the long run we will be winners and this is part of the game. regards!

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problem folding QQ or AKo on the bubble when I raise and I get a few shoves after. Stack sizes and odds play a big factor in the decision, as well as table image. kK is a little harder to dump. It always seems to run into AQ, and there are only select situations for folding.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would. Sometimes you have to make the tough laydowns. Especially if it's close enough to the bubble. Once you get ITM and your comfortable then I guess you can make those calls. I go off instincts sometimes and often times I'm correct. Of course we have all bubbled, but I bubble sometimes due to making the bad call when I knew I should have folded. Even if it is AA after the flop or pre flop with multiple all ins or AK, KK, QQ, pre flop. Those hands are big, but if it's comes down to getting in the money first I totally will fold them.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As long as I am practicing proper BRM, no.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't understood your question or the reasoning behind your little thoughts, but... I understood and I always will understand that folding AA, KK or AK on the bubble at depth 100bb or less because you're 99% sure that you will be eliminated for no reason at all is a stupid way to look at things ignoring all the math all the skill factors that make poker a game of skill. Waiting for big hands or defending the BB and flopping a strong hand and starting to bet to get paid is not what makes poker a game of skill, and getting paid with an over pair like AA is not what makes anyone good at this game or better than other players. I know a lot of delusional players who think they're good, and I know that there is millions of them. I feel bad for them but at the same time it's exactly what makes good players good money. My advice if you wanna get better ? get a coach to help you study the math, its not about pot odds lol, if you wanna make money you have to invest money first.

BRANCASLIM

BRANCASLIM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
stylebender72
Friend, my question was something that cannot be mathematically justified with a single tournament, the situation I raised is about something particular and is simply a decision in which you decide whether to win some money or not win anything. limited less than 15 bb, you will not have strength in your bets and they will pay you more hands than usual. You will commit your stay in a tournament for just a few more chips with hands that are strong but do not guarantee that you win. If we talked about satellite tournaments with tickets of the same value for all players, the difference in this situation would be clearly seen ... I have won a seat in another tournament with 1bb and thanks to decisions of this style.

D

DancingNancie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stylebender72
Friend, my question was something that cannot be mathematically justified with a single tournament, the situation I raised is about something particular and is simply a decision in which you decide whether to win some money or not win anything. limited less than 15 bb, you will not have strength in your bets and they will pay you more hands than usual. You will commit your stay in a tournament for just a few more chips with hands that are strong but do not guarantee that you win. If we talked about satellite tournaments with tickets of the same value for all players, the difference in this situation would be clearly seen ... I have won a seat in another tournament with 1bb and thanks to decisions of this style.

I think this is pretty spot on. The style to risk as little as possible to cash is one that a lot of lower to mid level pros will use. They may not win many tournaments outright, but it is a strategy. I don't think I could ever play with this strategy during a tournament. I like to accumulate chips and play for a top 3 finish in any tournament I enter. I would rather go bust than min cash all the time and be up against a larger stack just looking to thin the field and calling down with sub prime hands.

As for satellite tournaments I think this is the proper time for a strategy like this. You don't have to actually win the tournament outright to get what you are playing for. Folding out until a cash is a smart strategy when short stacked.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
I find the comments from Fold QQ, KK or AK very close to being close to the ITM. Never fold those hands! The only way to think about folding those hands is that two players have previously raised and that the tournament's ITM really pays off. In freeroll you have to play those hands. I would not miss the opportunity to double down and start fighting the tournament with a bigger stack of chips.

Regards.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is kind of rigged. I play it, enjoy it but it is what it is. There are for too many 1 and 2 outters hit on the river by our opponents. Reality is you hit far less with 15+ outs. I have also seen AA on the bubble and pushed just to get called by hands like 5-9 OS and get beat. Just how online poker works, its easy money for the owners and they know we will keep coming back.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often come across situations like this, people win with trashy hands and it annoys me. More and more I stop trusting online poker but I play everyday, absurd. That is why, on the bubble, I often throw my strong hands at PokerStars

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bubble AA KK AK risk vs. reward..

If the reward of ITM is dollars, , and you paid for the tourney entry, that makes a big difference. Say $20 reward, if you fold and get ITM, for a tourney that cost a dollar to enter, then you would fold.
Like everything, all the variables factor in: are you on the verge of the bubble, say, 15th and only final 10 get ITM? On the verge of the bubble, usually make the play with a big hand. If it doesn't work out, at lest you went for it, played tourney out to the end.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone!! In PS, a lot has been happening to me lately that when the bubble is about to break, they throw my hands at me and it ends up happening that I am facing at least one other good hand. I am one of those who believes that these hands should not happen so often, especially the AA vs KK type that will always be a hand that ends with the chips of both players on the table.

I have noticed the same thing, and not only close to the bubble. Another thing I have noticed is 2 people having the same hand and splitting the pot, most often AK or AQ.

Internet poker is just a video game version of live poker and is run using a computer algorithm which is not completely random, but rather uses a pattern of randomization.

But as long as you cannot predict when the AA vs KK situation is going to happen, in my opinion there is no reason to change the way you play KK just because of what you noticed.

Any video game has glitches. Some are exploitable, others are not. I don't think this one is. In my opinion folding KK is a mistake, even on ACR.

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed the same thing, and not only close to the bubble. Another thing I have noticed is 2 people having the same hand and splitting the pot, most often AK or AQ.

Internet poker is just a video game version of live poker and is run using a computer algorithm which is not completely random, but rather uses a pattern of randomization.

But as long as you cannot predict when the AA vs KK situation is going to happen, in my opinion there is no reason to change the way you play KK just because of what you noticed.

Any video game has glitches. Some are exploitable, others are not. I don't think this one is. In my opinion folding KK is a mistake, even on ACR.

Even on ACR! Hehe.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest in online poker I don't even know what cards to go with, everything has happened to me. I think online poker is based more on luck than on strategy, contrary to live poker. Anyway, lose or win, hopefully AA or KK will always come out regardless of the final result

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 888 this happens quite often for me, and while I usually fold to get into the $, lately I have been pushing great hands (also QQ, AK, AQ) close to the money with pretty good success!

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In the bubble you must to learn fold premium cards and that s so hard .. but that s poker

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally I don't mind pushing all-in preflop with AA even before the bubble. on the other hand for the other hands max. I am much more careful especially with AK. the last AK that I threw preflop in this configuration allowed me not to bust. because one of my opponents had AA and the other KK. I can tell you that I was really happy to have folded this hand.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thank you for your post. Yes I would fold those hands if I had a chip stack that was vulnerable on the bubble. I have heard People folding aces as well in this spot. I will never fold aces but I think folding KK,QQ, and AK is very reasonable. Good Luck

Good Luck To All:cool:

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand folding KK or AA on the bubble for a couple of reasons
  • It's a satellite MTT
  • Cashing is a significant boost to your BR
But if starting payouts are minimal and you're following proper BRM, then you should worry about busting out on the bubble. Especially if you have a monster hand like KK or AA. If you think about it, is not cashing that bad if, say, you had 100 buy-in BR. Is dropping down to 99 buy-ins that significant?

Unless your MTT goal is to break even player, maybe make a small profit at best, you're not going to go really deep in MTTs if you're folding big hands like KK+ on the bubble. I know there is the idea of making the money first, then going for the final table that some players have but, if you're on the bubble, majority of the time you're going get through it without having to put your MTT life at risk. However, if you're folding hands like KK+, then you're very rarely going to ever run deep in MTTs and that's where the profit is.