AA tournament start, you fold this hand ?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Let's consider that we are in wsop and we receive in the first hand, AA, what should we do?
Let us consider several hypotheses to arrive at an alternative
- we're in BB
- Before we took our turn to speak, we had two players going up allinn
-you would drop this hand, considering it is the start of the tournament, and you can get AA again, but this time, you have more chips to pay for this type of play?
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?:confused::confused::cool:

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't be able to shovel my chips into the middle fast enough to call. We have a chance to triple up going to the flop with the best starting hand so this is a no brainer.

I think the only time I'd ever fold AA preflop in a tournament might be, and this is a big "might", is if we have multiple all ins already in ahead of us with multiple players left to act AND our current stacks is small enough that another stack already all in can knock us out AND we can see from stacks already all in that at least one stack would be knocked out if they lose this all in...then I might consider a fold to let someone else pop the bubble and get us into the money. But that's a rare occurance.

I'm never folding AA preflop in the spot you described. We have the chance to at least triple up in the first hand, take a massive chip lead in ratio to blinds and then basically cruise and pick spots without much pressure throughout the early to mid stages with our triple up stack.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Mr. Wilson, I particularly do not play in this situation, because I have the best poker hand possible and I take a lot of equity advantage. Even though it is the first hand of the tournament, but I do not see so many ghosts in this scenario, so I call and I wrestling to hold.

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the particular I would send all my chips (all in) and cross my fingers, taking into account that you say that two players before you send all in, with that it would be used to triplicate the chips if the variance does not hurt you

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro you rarely will get 4.2 to 1 odds in NLH. If you are folding 82% success then you will never win the tournament. Just considering folding the nuts is absurd. If you lose you lose you were never gonna win....hence you lost nothing. Get it in pre flop with ACES. Just be careful around a sat bubble with KK AA if you dont need to play a hand and can fold into success then do so.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I'll go all in all the way!!

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't be able to shovel my chips into the middle fast enough to call. We have a chance to triple up going to the flop with the best starting hand so this is a no brainer.

I think the only time I'd ever fold AA preflop in a tournament might be, and this is a big "might", is if we have multiple all ins already in ahead of us with multiple players left to act AND our current stacks is small enough that another stack already all in can knock us out AND we can see from stacks already all in that at least one stack would be knocked out if they lose this all in...then I might consider a fold to let someone else pop the bubble and get us into the money. But that's a rare occurance.

I'm never folding AA preflop in the spot you described. We have the chance to at least triple up in the first hand, take a massive chip lead in ratio to blinds and then basically cruise and pick spots without much pressure throughout the early to mid stages with our triple up stack.

I share your line of thinking, considering that the options to wait to attack later in the tournament are not a good option
after all we have the saying that says: who is in the rain is to get wet, very good your point of view

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Mr. Wilson, I particularly do not play in this situation, because I have the best poker hand possible and I take a lot of equity advantage. Even though it is the first hand of the tournament, but I do not see so many ghosts in this scenario, so I call and I wrestling to hold.
For the most part this hand will hold, my great friend Ricardo, and when this does not happen, we play in the variance and we follow, in many situations AA can happen to lose soon on the flop.:):)

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although it is scary to be all in so early in a tournament, AA is still the best starting hand. For me, it would be hard to fold.

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering to fold bullets pre-flop... Are you from the Mars? 8)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering to fold bullets pre-flop... Are you from the Mars? 8)

I am not from Mars, I am from the earth itself!
the question is, I do not know if you read, or understand, and what tournament I'm talking about, I'm talking about a WSOP with a $ 10,000 buyn and not a 0.50 cents micro tournament.
your first AA hand can pay and win, you can pay and lose, simple like that, just know how far one's courage your go, and the courage of another people ,,, close your eyes, and reflect.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man what a question there , if you fold AA in that spot why you even play poker after all ?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man what a question there , if you fold AA in that spot why you even play poker after all ?

My question is in a hypothetical case, that is, in a simulated situation, does not mean that I have folded AA, in a hypothetical case, my question was what each one would do, simple, but I think you misrepresented my question,I'm asking if you would.:confused::confused::cool::cool:

T

thaliko86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thinking long term I consider a very lucrative and winning hand in different spots. It must be considered that for shove pre flop is the best existing hand and just for considering the long term I do call even in multway pots

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You could go all in too and see your stack 4 times bigger, or just see you leaving the game from the start. The wiser decision is to fold, because you are in the begining and it is not nice to leave the game from the first hands. Also, even if you win, the size of the stack you will earn, it will be very small, comparing with the stack you must have later, so that to have worthwhile result in the game.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try to play aggressively all-in but only against one or two players at the beginning of the tournament, but if there were more players in the game and everyone played all-in, I would have thrown such a card, I have many times in the game there are moments when AA does not play against 3-4 players, but AA normally plays against 1-2 players, I try to play aggressively on AA because a lot of players play almost all the cards at the beginning of the tournament and they have good matches in combinations!

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Let's consider that we are in WSOP and we receive in the first hand, AA, what should we do?
Let us consider several hypotheses to arrive at an alternative
- we're in BB
- Before we took our turn to speak, we had two players going up allinn
-you would drop this hand, considering it is the start of the tournament, and you can get AA again, but this time, you have more chips to pay for this type of play?
or you go the allinn, without even analyzing the play in general?:confused::confused::cool:

Definitely I would go allin with AA against 2 players even in the 10k WSOP

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP tournaments have a lot of money to win or lose, not even to mention the cost of buying-in. I would consider this. However, if I am in the big blind of the first hand, and if I am holding AA with only two players shoving all-in before me, then I would take a moment to consider what I would do. But, I think my gut would say, “All-in” regardless…

Like most players, I would measure the risks. To some, AA can be lucky or unlucky. When AA is lucky - it can be very lucky in terms of the chips you can win; and, when AA is unlucky - it can be very unlucky in terms of the chips you can lose. However, thought, analysis and experience - not luck - is called for when playing AA because it is neither an automatic win nor an automatic loss. So, while AA can win you a fortune and take out an opponent or two, it can also take you right out of a WSOP tournament.

Again, like most players, I have had my aces cracked. These were really expensive experiences that I do not want to repeat. When my aces did not get cracked, it got very expensive for someone else. Either way, win or lose, good or bad luck, AA usually costs someone something big. Knowing this, I am very careful when playing AA, and I take note of when there is going to be a crowd at the showdown. My experience with AA is that it is more likely to be cracked when more, and not less, opponents go to the river. It would be difficult not to go to the river with only two opponents going against me.

With only two players going to the river, I put the win percentage of AA higher than normal (83) at almost 86 and conversely I put the loss percentage lower than normal (17) at 14. Just to go through the statistics, AA will win 8,600 times out of every 10,000 hands played and conversely AA will lose 1,400 out of every 10,000 hands played. These stats favor an AA win with only two going to the river with me. I would find it difficult to fold.

It must be understood that winning or losing with AA can happen all day long. Win and loss percentages cannot actually predict "when" these cards will win or lose, only that they will win or lose a certain number of times per every 10,000 hands played. So, strange as it is to say, because the "when" of it cannot be predicted, then neither a win nor a loss can be guaranteed, just something to remember when playing these cards. Nonetheless, all things considered, from the big blind with only two players going to the river, and with a chance to triple my chips, I simply cannot see my way to folding. I have to go for it, win or lose, tournament or not...

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand your question with such a large purchase, there is always a risk of meeting two others with all in but I think you have to come along and the chance to win many chips is very important in the tournament.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSOP tournaments have a lot of money to win or lose, not even to mention the cost of buying-in. I would consider this. However, if I am in the big blind of the first hand, and if I am holding AA with only two players shoving all-in before me, then I would take a moment to consider what I would do. But, I think my gut would say, “All-in” regardless…

Like most players, I would measure the risks. To some, AA can be lucky or unlucky. When AA is lucky - it can be very lucky in terms of the chips you can win; and, when AA is unlucky - it can be very unlucky in terms of the chips you can lose. However, thought, analysis and experience - not luck - is called for when playing AA because it is neither an automatic win nor an automatic loss. So, while AA can win you a fortune and take out an opponent or two, it can also take you right out of a WSOP tournament.

Again, like most players, I have had my aces cracked. These were really expensive experiences that I do not want to repeat. When my aces did not get cracked, it got very expensive for someone else. Either way, win or lose, good or bad luck, AA usually costs someone something big. Knowing this, I am very careful when playing AA, and I take note of when there is going to be a crowd at the showdown. My experience with AA is that it is more likely to be cracked when more, and not less, opponents go to the river. It would be difficult not to go to the river with only two opponents going against me.

With only two players going to the river, I put the win percentage of AA higher than normal (83) at almost 86 and conversely I put the loss percentage lower than normal (17) at 14. Just to go through the statistics, AA will win 8,600 times out of every 10,000 hands played and conversely AA will lose 1,400 out of every 10,000 hands played. These stats favor an AA win with only two going to the river with me. I would find it difficult to fold.

It must be understood that winning or losing with AA can happen all day long. Win and loss percentages cannot actually predict "when" these cards will win or lose, only that they will win or lose a certain number of times per every 10,000 hands played. So, strange as it is to say, because the "when" of it cannot be predicted, then neither a win nor a loss can be guaranteed, just something to remember when playing these cards. Nonetheless, all things considered, from the big blind with only two players going to the river, and with a chance to triple my chips, I simply cannot see my way to folding. I have to go for it, win or lose, tournament or not...

Very good his vision, you managed with his words elancar the whole subject that I here was in one way or another, knowing the vision of each one, and the way that each one would throw this hand.
Usually AA can lead to heaven, or hell, but the analysis of the whole panorama of the game, can give us a north to follow, or leave.
Congratulations on your perfect placement in its entirety.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, it's a hand that I'm sure I'm ahead, I do not believe that I would fold in this situation. I need chips to go further, and I still have a good chance even with two players in this hand, waiting and build my stake on the flop too have a risk, call. (and an early advantage in this tournament is very interesting)

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it's a hand that I'm sure I'm ahead, I do not believe that I would fold in this situation. I need chips to go further, and I still have a good chance even with two players in this hand, waiting and build my stake on the flop too have a risk, call. (and an early advantage in this tournament is very interesting)

We should also follow the popular saying that "no one lives forever"
we close the eyes and we say, God save me

:):):):):):):):)

Perceval

Perceval

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ll do .
A/À, you can t fold it.
When you played in pokerstars or other you can't read players.

I don't like but i'll do

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker