Is this a new tendency on tournaments?

JeffersonJV

JeffersonJV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What's up guys:)

So I have been noticing in my tournaments games that usually most part of players have a tendency of calling a reasonably big bet on the flop and then when you give another strong bet on the turn they fold, usually most part of them where calling draws, but when they miss it, they give up for large bets, I usually make good money by this move, and I supose that it probabily it work as good in cash games, what do you guys thing about it by your experiences? Do you do the same thing? Is this becoming a new tendency or am I nuts?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In the longterm chasing draws on the turn will not be a profitable game. I would also give up my draw on the turn if I am against a big bet but you can't tell that they always chase a draw. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that this play cannot get applied against a good player because he will understand your bet / bet tactic even if you have air.

Although be aggressive at poker is something good it would be more efficient to balance your moves by mixing up your game.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also sometimes do that, raise a strong bet, and fold players who raised the bet and I win money in the cash game, in the tournament this tactic does not work, but there is a loss, and most of all, and win, but I do not think this is a new one a trend many players do!

caterina12

caterina12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's how it's played .. big grille .. it's getting sharks on the go

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not crazy and this tactic for the cache and for experienced players.everyone chooses their tactics and experience here counts!!!

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
OP if players are calling too often on the flop, they are probably calling with air too, trying to bluff you when you give on the turn, because if they just called with draws, which they should in most cases, it shouldn't appear as if they are calling too often. In any case, barreling second time is a good idea, if you feel they are calling too often.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These guys are bad bluffers)) They read a lot, try to protect their bets or the blind, but in reality they do not understand what they are doing and usually lose me when I'm with the card))

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of chasers, if your betting big to get them to fold probably not gonna happen.