A Donk on the left

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What ya do when you are in a MTT with a Done on your left who all ins you every time you raise pre flop? This happened today in a Stormers game, I had AT offsite in the mid position early in the tourney, I raised 2.5BB, player next to me goes all in, I fold, a little later I have KTsuited UTG I raise 2.5BB, player next to me goes all all in, I call, he has 66 and yes he flops a set, I mean how many times do you fold to an all in donk:):):)???

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Donks

What ya do when you are in a MTT with a Done on your left who all ins you every time you raise pre flop? This happened today in a Stormers game, I had AT offsite in the mid position early in the tourney, I raised 2.5BB, player next to me goes all in, I fold, a little later I have KTsuited UTG I raise 2.5BB, player next to me goes all all in, I call, he has 66 and yes he flops a set, I mean how many times do you fold to an all in donk:):):)???

here it is.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/5qweDng

lattedank

lattedank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played a few days against a donk like that. A guy was going almost every hand all in, he stole blinds and won a few ridiculous hands. You have to wait until you get good hands or wait for someone to knock a donk out. I don't see any other solution.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best course of action is to tighten up and wait for a hand you are willing to go all in with. That range would be up to you depending on how crazy the donk is and also how much variance you are willing to live with. Once you have that hand you can just limp or raise small (do whatever wont set alarms off) and then call when jams over. You won't win every time of course but you should be getting your money in good and continue to play this way until the donk is no longer at the table.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Let him stole the blinds for you and call when you have a good hand. And pray, because looks like these maniacs have a special luck to beat better players.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he feels that you will always fold if he reraised you all in preflop. If that’s the case, you’re just giving him your chips. Wait for a hand you’re willing to all in with and do your normal raise. When he reraised you all in you can call and know youre going to be ahead. It can be frustrating for sure but just be patient and use his aggressiveness against him.

Best of luck.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If I raise I have a hand that will call any all in player. Only raise on hands your willing to risk it all!!!!

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A reasonable hand is enough to eliminate a donk

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What ya do when you are in a MTT with a Done on your left who all ins you every time you raise pre flop?
hi hi cdmman!!! :ciao:
was it me on your left?

blond.jpg

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I love those players. Once I identify a Donk who goes all in on every hand, I just wait for a premium hand, stay out of all others, and wait to rake in his chips, which gives me a great boost early on in the tourney.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in a situation I expect a top pair AA, KK, QQ, JJ AKs AQs and open 3x if he all-in I call and steal his chips because usually depending on the tournament these players do it in the beginning of the tournament for bad and you tweet. never open out of position against them as they are always making these types of moves!

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder why you called with K T s, and not when you had ATo hand?
For example, I assume that the opponent has an extended range for all-in in the amount of 15% of all hands.
equity A To against this range will be 43%, and equity K, T s - 41%. In fact, in both cases your chances are a little worse.
Did you expect all-in from the player on the left when you decided to put 2.5bb out of position?
Going to All-in with small pairs is a fairly profitable solution.
In your case, you should take into account the characteristics of this player and start opening the following hands with a raise: 99+; AQ + and in the case of all-in - call.
In this case, your equity will be within 60% against his extended all-in range.
In fact, it all depends on your self-confidence, you are ready to do everything or not.
When not sure, folding is the best solution.
In this case, it is better not to enter the game without a position.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you really get that antsy to call off a 19 bb 3bet jam with k10 suited because you had to fold twice? what 3bet jam range do you expect to ahead of with k10s?

what adjustments could you have easily made against this type of player? not saying opening with k10s is bad because it isn't.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let him stole the blinds for you and call when you have a good hand. And pray, because looks like these maniacs have a special luck to beat better players.

When the maniac is not me - that's exactly what I do.