A bizarre shot on yesterday's tournament

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The blinds were a bit high (I think 300-600), one player (player1) goes all-in with 3700 , another player (player2) who had like 24k calls, and the ship leader (player3) who had 50k calls also, the flop comes 2-T-J. The player 2 bets 5k, the player 3 calls, the turn comes a K, check - check, the river comes 8, player2 checks, player3 goes all in, player2 calls. And guess what, player1 had A-A, player2 had Q-Q, the player3 had 8-2!! and he won a big pot with a garbage against two strong hands!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player 2 should've isolated with QQ

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turned out it wasn't garbage at all... The only reason small hands don't win more is because folks fold the cards... The theory goes like this... when low cards are on the board, the hig hands are precarious, and often even worthy of a heavy bluff... even if you have zero... its scary!

uros1991

uros1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost hand few days ago was like Q9 in hand,call blind,guy infront raise,third guy call.. Flop was 5 Q 9,i raise,second guy go all in,third call i call .... second guy had Q9 and third had QA,turn goes out and guess,it was A,river was 8 and we both was kicked out of tour :D

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost hand few days ago was like Q9 in hand,call blind,guy infront raise,third guy call.. Flop was 5 Q 9,i raise,second guy go all in,third call i call .... second guy had Q9 and third had QA,turn goes out and guess,it was A,river was 8 and we both was kicked out of tour :D

That's what happens when you play hands like Q9 with no position.